LHAC - predictions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Re: LHAC - predictions

Post by Crushersports »

Hurricane wrote:Hope McCort recruiters go 0 and 10. It will probably be the Trojans. I am a Trojan alum and am just ashamed of the program right know.
Looks like the English comp classes at JHS did wonders for you. I'd be angry as well.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

coachcarter wrote:Richland the average sports school: Football - 4 district title games, won two, two LHAC titles, one state semi finalist appearance, since 2011 season

Boys basketball the past 9 seasons  (since 2011 season) - five district title games winning two, two LHAC title games and winning one (should have been in three except for a dumb tie breaker format in 2018, they had the best regular season conference record that year in what is a pretty strong basketball conference), 2018 state runner up, 2019 state quarter finalists

Have won a few D6 soccer titles both boys and girls since like 2009 - have also won a few D6 track & field titles in both boys and girls in that same time frame

Competitive in baseball most seasons and have won a D6 title recently

That is just off the top of my head - not saying they are the best around but not too shabby for an average sports school
Boys Basketball, Football, and Baseball since 2013 till now, so the last 5 years can you tell me how many winning seasons they have had?  That will give you your answer.  
Real sports programs would never give rings for district titles.  Do you think Aliquippa give rings for Wipial titles????  How about BG???? Nope Richland will always be a school that has a good season or 2 and then is terrible.  Burke is carrying that sports program Son not father, after he graduates Richland basketball will be .500 and football will fall off a cliff.
RZBZNZ
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RZBZNZ »

Why so much hate??? Richland has always had good teams in every sport BUT football and basketball. Football and basketball only recently began to win games, and compete for titles. For example:

Coach Haberkorn just won his 400th softball game this past spring.

Multiple (7) Girls PIAA Volleyball titles and 5-time runner-up, with close to 20 district championships. Boys volleyball also has a few District titles.

Multiple (3) state champion wrestlers.

Multiple (5) state champion swimmers.

Multiple Boys and Girls Track and Field Team District 6 and LHAC championships, and several (at least 5) individual PIAA champions.

Multiple D6 Soccer titles.

A top hockey program throughout the late 90's and early 2000s with one PIHL runner-up and multiple Laurel Highlands championships.

Baseball is 1 for 2 in D6 championship games in last decade with multiple (3) LHAC titles.

Couldn't find anything for golf or cross country so I apologize for that. But basically to be that good in so many sports says volumes about the athletic department and the dedication of the students and coaches. Not to mention they are also ranked in the top 20 in academics in the state year in and year out.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

RZBZNZ wrote:Why so much hate???  Richland has always had good teams in every sport BUT football and basketball.  Football and basketball only recently began to win games, and compete for titles.  For example:

Coach Haberkorn just won his 400th softball game this past spring.

Multiple (7) Girls PIAA Volleyball titles and 5-time runner-up, with close to 20 district championships.  Boys volleyball also has a few District titles.

Multiple (3) state champion wrestlers.

Multiple (5) state champion swimmers.

Multiple Boys and Girls Track and Field Team District 6 and LHAC championships, and several (at least 5) individual PIAA champions.

Multiple D6 Soccer titles.

A top hockey program throughout the late 90's and early 2000s with one PIHL runner-up and multiple Laurel Highlands championships.

Baseball is 1 for 2 in D6 championship games in last decade with multiple (3) LHAC titles.

Couldn't find anything for golf or cross country so I apologize for that.  But basically to be that good in so many sports says volumes about the athletic department and the dedication of the students and coaches.  Not to mention they are also ranked in the top 20 in academics in the state year in and year out.
Like I said in the last 5 years how many winning season has the football, basketball, and baseball teams had???? We you see the mediocrity you will understand why you would give a ring for D6.  It’s not as bad a participation trophy’s but not that far from it.  Not Richland hate just stating facts.  What’s next we going to give rings and shirts for winning seasons????
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Baseball had 3 winning seasons, 1 .500 season, and one losing season - 1 District title.
Basketball had 4 winning seasons, 1 losing season - 1 District Title, 1 state runner-up
Football had 1 winning season, 4 losing season - 1 District title

So Richland's football program isn't consistently good, but overall it's a pretty strong athletics department IMO. I'm sure there are plenty of teams locally that would take those 5 year results from the three major sports though.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I compared those five years with the other D6 AA-AAA type schools in the league. Didn't include Somerset or Johnstown since they are usually in higher classifications. Ridge is new and both them and Bedford play D5 which is a smaller district. And I didn't include the three Catholic schools.

So Richland head to head with it's peers locally...

Westmont
Baseball - 5 losing seasons.
Basketball - 2 winning season, 1 .500 season, 2 losing seasons
Football - 4 winning seasons, 1 losing season.

Or Penn Cambria
Baseball - 4 winning seasons, 1 losing season
Basketball - 5 losing seasons
Football - 4 losing seasons, 1 winning season

Or Central Cambria
Baseball....5 losing seasons
Basketball..... 4 winning seasons, 1 losing season - 1 District title
Football....4 losing seasons, 1 .500 season (12 wins total)

Cambria Heights
Baseball....5 losing seasons
Basketball...1 winning season, 4 losing seasons
Football...1 winning season, 4 losing seasons

Forest Hills
Baseball - 5 winning seasons (Maxpreps wasn't well maintained a few years ago, so maybe not) - 1 District Title
Basketball - 3 winning seasons, 1 .500 seasons, 1 losing season
Football - 2 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons - 1 District title
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I'll throw Bedford in there.  Even though they are D5 they play an almost entirely D6 schedule.  Not showing any D5 or subregional titles though.  I understand Ridge is a little different with them just joining the league.

Baseball - 5 winning seasons
Basketball - 5 losing seasons
Football - 2 winning seasons, 2 .500, 1 losing.

Interesting topic.  Looking at these sports and which school has the most winning seasons, FH is tops.  Could look at track and wrestling too.  And we're not even considering girls here.  Each school has it's strengths and weaknesses.  Looking at Richland in particular though, they have a pretty solid overall athletic program.
RZBZNZ
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RZBZNZ »

So prophet WHO in your opinion is better??? I guess if Richland is mediocre then every other school is just plain awful.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

RZBZNZ wrote:So prophet WHO in your opinion is better???  I guess if Richland is mediocre then every other school is just plain awful.
To be honest it looks pretty mediocre, forest hills is just the tallest midget in this height contest.  Rings for everyone, 1 winning season in 5 years let’s get rings lol
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

We all can do math, 8 out of 15 season of having a winning record is pretty average or do you think that’s good???? A winning season percentage of .533.  Congrats on your excellence.