WestPAC predictions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Re: WestPAC predictions

Post by Bagman »

Pride , did you attend the Portage - Tussey Mountain scrimmage ?  I heard it was a little chippy .
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

knowitall wrote:I’m hearing at least one school does not have the 15 healthy, eligible players required by the PIAA and thus, one game is already in jeopardy for this weekend.
Which team is that?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CV had 17 kids dressed for its scrimmage on Saturday.  We’ll assume they are all eligible.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Bagman wrote:Pride , did you attend the Portage - Tussey Mountain scrimmage ?  I heard it was a little chippy .
Yes I stopped In. Two lineman definitely got into a pretty good scuffle early on with them pulling each others facemasks and then taking it to the ground and a larger group piling on. I personally did not see any punches thrown from EITHER side. Then the coaches got into a little spat after Tussey ran free through the line on a punt and destroyed Portage's do all starting QB Connor Price(also the punter) and seemed to have injured his leg as he was on the ground for awhile after rolling in what seemed to be pretty good pain. He was carried to the sideline and spent the rest of the scrimmage on the bench with a towel over his head. Now let this be CLEAR I don't know what the agreement was for special teams plays. Both teams kicked off a few times and just let their team run down and the return team just stood there and didn't block or return or anything. Tussey kicked an XP and Punted and it SEEMED as though Portage just stood up out of their stance and barely engaged. Now once again I DO NOT know what the agreement was or If there Is a blame but after the Portage punt incident and spat between Gouse and TM coaches all other punts and XP's were definitely fully live. 
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Pride , So how did each team look ?
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Bagman wrote:Pride , So how did each team look ?
Portage was very vanilla In everything they did. Price didn't run the football at all which Is to be expected In a scrimmage, and I think they only ran 4 or 5 different offensive plays period(not that we run a ton more anyways lol) even though they were most of their offense out of the new Pistol Formation that they're trying out this year.  When the starting QB Price went down all they did was simple handoffs with the backup In. Two of Portage's starting lineman were also not dressed due to being a little chipped up from camp, which let them take a look at even more players to fill the gaps they're going to need In the line anyways. The Mustang's definitely have some questions on who's going to be the other starting H/Z back other than Forst and I didn't really see a clear cut leader on Saturday. Now I don't know enough about Tussey Mountain to give an 100% accurate review on everything about them. I can only say what they showed on the field in a meaningless scrimmage. With that being said they struggled consistently running the football. Definitely had much more success In the passing game and looked pretty solid In doing so. Defense looked decent, but It's always tough to judge that when most offenses In scrimmages are basic. One MAJOR GLARING thing taken away from both sides was fumbles. Between BOTH teams there had to been near 15 fumbles from bad snaps, bad hand off's, and just straight not holding on to the football when being hit.