Scores-Week 4

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scores-Week 4

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Lionjacket wrote:Good game. Westmont sure can run the ball. Impressive to watch.
They can, the problem is what’s their fall back plan come better teams at playoff time?
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

wpbc wrote:Berlin wins. Refs miss an interference call on 3rd down with a min left.  Portage missed their own opportunities. Overall good game by both clubs. Better than the running clocks that most have been.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 Refs missed a runner(#2) CLEARLY being down with his knee/side/elbow, but yet ruled a fumble Portage's 1st or 2nd drive inside the 30. Ref's missed a CLEARLY missed a BAD horse collar on another Portage drive Inside the 20 which would have set them up 1st and Goal. Ref's INEXCUSABLY miss the Berlin WR #2 dropping the ball on the touchdown pass to give the Mountaineers a 14 - 0 lead. By the way go to Berlin Athletic's Twitter if you'd like to see a reply of this non-catch as you can watch the ball flying out of the side of the endzone when he lands lol  And as you mentioned the ridiculous missed Pass Interference on the last drive as the defender was tackling and bring down the receiver 5 yards before the ball even arrived.
Listen Portage missed A LOT of opportunites In this game. Fumbled three times Inside the 25 yard line and came away with zero points in four trips Inside the 30 which you CAN'T DO In big games. HOWEVER this game was atrociously officiated and It just compounded to struggles. Watched the reply of the game today and even the announcers on the TV Broadcast on WJAC/MeTV were watching the game and replays and saying how much the Mustangs were getting screwed. As the saying goes for most  Portage folks....when you're playing In Somerset county....you're down 14 points to the Somerset County Chapter officials when ya step off the bus.
Pretty decent game unfortunately marred by asinine officiating. Good Luck to Berlin the rest of the way.
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Lionjacket wrote:Good game. Westmont sure can run the ball. Impressive to watch.
They can, the problem is what’s their fall back plan come better teams at playoff time?
Minus one or two passes, their pass game was painful to watch. They will definitely need to crisp it up come playoff time. 
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Westmont will never win a district championship or compete with the good teams in their league on a consistent basis.  
wpbc
Senior
Senior

Post by wpbc »

PortagePride wrote:
wpbc wrote:Berlin wins. Refs miss an interference call on 3rd down with a min left.  Portage missed their own opportunities. Overall good game by both clubs. Better than the running clocks that most have been.

Refs missed a runner(#2) CLEARLY being down with his knee/side/elbow, but yet ruled a fumble Portage's 1st or 2nd drive inside the 30. Ref's missed a CLEARLY missed a BAD horse collar on another Portage drive Inside the 20 which would have set them up 1st and Goal. Ref's INEXCUSABLY miss the Berlin WR #2 dropping the ball on the touchdown pass to give the Mountaineers a 14 - 0 lead. By the way go to Berlin Athletic's Twitter if you'd like to see a reply of this non-catch as you can watch the ball flying out of the side of the endzone when he lands lol  And as you mentioned the ridiculous missed Pass Interference on the last drive as the defender was tackling and bring down the receiver 5 yards before the ball even arrived.
Listen Portage missed A LOT of opportunites In this game. Fumbled three times Inside the 25 yard line and came away with zero points in four trips Inside the 30 which you CAN'T DO In big games. HOWEVER this game was atrociously officiated and It just compounded to struggles. Watched the reply of the game today and even the announcers on the TV Broadcast on WJAC/MeTV were watching the game and replays and saying how much the Mustangs were getting screwed. As the saying goes for most  Portage folks....when you're playing In Somerset county....you're down 14 points to the Somerset County Chapter officials when ya step off the bus.
Pretty decent game unfortunately marred by asinine officiating. Good Luck to Berlin the rest of the way.
Hey pride what happened to the old school portage wing t jet offense. I see they still run some of the same concepts but out of the gun. I think they should have run the inside trap a little more. It looked good the couple of times they ran it.  #5 is a winner in my book for portage. I like how he went to the receiver after the last play and gave him what looked like a “my bad” when he missed a tough ball. Not many high school players will do that. Little things like that show a lot of character. 
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

wpbc wrote:
PortagePride wrote:

Hey pride what happened to the old school portage wing t jet offense. I see they still run some of the same concepts but out of the gun. I think they should have run the inside trap a little more. It looked good the couple of times they ran it.  #5 is a winner in my book for portage. I like how he went to the receiver after the last play and gave him what looked like a “my bad” when he missed a tough ball. Not many high school players will do that. Little things like that show a lot of character. 
Portage still run's a Wing T offense but now runs It out of the Shotgun and Pistol sets. They basically started to do this because of the young man you mentioned #5 Connor Price our senior QB. He's SUPER athletic and versatile so they wanted to get him In the gun and make It easier for him to be able to roll out and make a run/pass decision. And yes after that last play where he went up to the WR and hugged him and gave him a pat on the head after dropping the ball just shows the character the young man has on and off the field AND In the classroom where he's the class president and top 20 academically In his grade. He knew the season Is young and he's gonn need that young man to catch more Important balls thrown to him coming up. I 100% agree with you on the point of us sticking with the guard trap/down plays up the middle. We were getting 4 - 5+ yards at a clip and getting great push running forward all night but seemed to go away from It inexcusably at times.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

PortagePride wrote:
wpbc wrote: Hey pride what happened to the old school portage wing t jet offense. I see they still run some of the same concepts but out of the gun. I think they should have run the inside trap a little more. It looked good the couple of times they ran it.  #5 is a winner in my book for portage. I like how he went to the receiver after the last play and gave him what looked like a “my bad” when he missed a tough ball. Not many high school players will do that. Little things like that show a lot of character. 
Portage still run's a Wing T offense but now runs It out of the Shotgun and Pistol sets. They basically started to do this because of the young man you mentioned #5 Connor Price our senior QB. He's SUPER athletic and versatile so they wanted to get him In the gun and make It easier for him to be able to roll out and make a run/pass decision. 
CC did this with Will Seymour a couple years ago when Corrente ran Wing T