Bedford- Ridge

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Bedford- Ridge

Post by footballfan1 »

If both teams take care of business the next two weeks, which Ridge and Bedford will be favored in both matchups, will be a showdown of 6-0 teams week 7.  I have seen both teams play and both are talented.  As long as they do not overlook Central Cambria, Somerset, or Cambria Heights would potentially be game of the year up to that point but whoever wins and their matchup with Richland would also have to be considered another game of the year atmosphere.  
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Re: Bedford- Ridge

Post by CharlieConway »

Let's hope they don't look ahead! 
Thanks!
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Next Friday night at Chestnut Ridge both teams 6-0. I have seen Ridge and Bedford each play twice this season and I give Bedford the edge. Swain was inserted to the QB position full time and he brings not only his speed at the QB spot but he can throw the football. He does a great job reading the mesh when they run the option and this evening Cook was actually being tackled a few times and Swain pulled the ball out and kept it for some nice gains. Ressler and Washington not only run the ball well but when they catch passes out in space they are very elusive.   I also think Bedford's defense is better and has the athletes to somewhat contain Pfister and the athletes they have on offense. Last week Ridge struggled containing Cambria Heights full back and Cook from Bedford is a tough runner in Bedfords double wing offense.  I just think Bedford's athletes have the edge here and their defense is better.  
A side note. Both kickers next week are soccer players and could actually come down to a field goal in this contest and the young lady from Bedford has a really good leg but Ridge's kicker also has nice range and is very accurate. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

footballfan1 wrote:Next Friday night at Chestnut Ridge both teams 6-0. I have seen Ridge and Bedford each play twice this season and I give Bedford the edge. Swain was inserted to the QB position full time and he brings not only his speed at the QB spot but he can throw the football. He does a great job reading the mesh when they run the option and this evening Cook was actually being tackled a few times and Swain pulled the ball out and kept it for some nice gains. Ressler and Washington not only run the ball well but when they catch passes out in space they are very elusive.   I also think Bedford's defense is better and has the athletes to somewhat contain Pfister and the athletes they have on offense. Last week Ridge struggled containing Cambria Heights full back and Cook from Bedford is a tough runner in Bedfords double wing offense.  I just think Bedford's athletes have the edge here and their defense is better.  
A side note. Both kickers next week are soccer players and could actually come down to a field goal in this contest and the young lady from Bedford has a really good leg but Ridge's kicker also has nice range and is very accurate. 
Gotta agree, Ridge and Bedford are both physical but Bedford is more well rounded on both sides of the ball
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I know they didn’t always play every year. But how many times this late in the season have these teams met undefeated?  Certainly adds a cool element to an already big game. 
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

This is a bandwagon game. A team from Bedford County will win....
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I know they didn’t always play every year. But how many times this late in the season have these teams met undefeated?  Certainly adds a cool element to an already big game. 
I believe this is a first that both teams are matched up this late in the season where both are undefeated.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Bedford needs to play four quarters of football to win this one.  Several games this year they were a little slow coming out of the gate.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Regardless of the outcome, I am happy for the kids on both sides.  That just doesn't include the football players, but also the communities.  I am referring to the bands, the student bodies, and all of those other things that make Friday nights special memories.  

I strongly believe, most high school kids don't care about championships, because really, how many of them get to experience that? 6 classifications?  So 6 teams?

I strongly believe kids care about getting to play in a big one, because that dream is a little more obtainable.  

Friday night, the environment will be incredible.  Its something kids dream about since they were knee high.  

Add in, cross town rivals, it being Chestnut Ridge's homecoming, it is the perfect storm.  In terms of Bedford County sports, this may be one of the biggest county games in recent memory.  

Great for both communities, hopefully the kids can treat us to a good one!
Thanks!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Pretty big matchup in Somerset County Friday night too.  Meyersdale and Berlin faceoff.  Both are also 6-0.