Crushersports
Senior
Senior

LHAC Week Five

Post by Crushersports »

Central Cambria 0  Bedford 35
Bedford is too strong up front And has too many athletes for CC

Bishop Guilfoyle 42  Johnstown 6
Looking like a winless campaign for the young Trojans.

Bishop McCort 27 Forest Hills  14
McCort didn't look like they got off the bus last week. Heights ran the ball at will against theme. First game on the new turf at Forest Hills but just too young. I think McCort wins by default

Chestnut Ridge 28  Cambria Heights 12
Ridge made a statement against Westmont last week. Heights had their best effort of the season against a decent McCort defense, but Ridge is too much.

Somerset 6  Richland 35
Too much talent and speed for Richland 

Westmont 28 Penn Cambria 6
Westmont gets back on track this week

1. Richland 
Just can't see them losing in conference.

2. Bedford
Physical team that could beat anyone on any day.

3. Chestnut Ridge
Made a statement against Westmont, nit sure if they can beat Bedford or Richland.

4. Westmont
Hard to beat with a lead, but lack of a passing game really hurts them.

5. Bishop Guilfoyle 
Not the typical BG teams of the past but still a pretty Stout Class A squad.

6. Cambria Heights
Great game plan against McCort and they took them to the wood shed.

7. Bishop McCort
Last week they looked like the team of last year. Heights methodically ran the ball at them and they couldn't do much about it. Generated very little offense and looked like they tried a lot of different personnel to no avail.

8. Somerset
Hyde is an exciting, gritty player and they keep things close.

9. Central Cambria
Rough road ahead.

10. Penn Cambria
Young squad, but have generated some excitement at times.

11. Forest Hills
Another young team that is rebuilding, but if mccort plays like they did Friday night they could pull the upset.

12. Johnstown
Just a mess right now, not sure how with all those athletes but they do have a lot of young guys and hopefully they get things turned around.
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Re: LHAC Week Five

Post by silentbob »

I'm with you in the predictions. I think this week is fairly clearcut.

Ranking I'm pretty much with you too. I'd say 2 and 3 could go either way. PC is playing better maybe they are up 1 or 2 spots at this point.

But overall nice job on the picks.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Is there anything to suggest McCort is good? 3-7 last year with virtually the same team. 

I could see them going 4-6, but not much more. 
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

In the scrimmage they played tough against Westmont. Then gave Richland and Bedford their toughest tests of the season to this point. They have a quality D that can defend run and pass. They have nice athletes. Miller is a top 3-5 player in the conference IMO. Their problem lies on O... They dont seem to have a clue... I meaning coaching more then kids... I think they have the athletes/players to be top 3 team in the conference. That is just my take from seeing them a couple of times and checking game stats.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

silentbob wrote:In the scrimmage they played tough against Westmont.  Then gave Richland and Bedford their toughest tests of the season to this point.  They have a quality D that can defend run and pass.  They have nice athletes.  Miller is a top 3-5 player in the conference IMO.  Their problem lies on O...  They dont seem to have a clue...  I meaning coaching more then kids...  I think they have the athletes/players to be top 3 team in the conference.   That is just my take from seeing them a couple of times and checking game stats.
The big problem is the o-line and there's no cohesion on offense. Very rarely do you see any back get more than five touches and they  never get in a rythym. Miller is a great athlete but I think sometimes he puts too much on himself. Friday night they got crushed and I didn't see three kids who typically start and are playmaker on the field much at all. One I saw was injured but he played defense.
One thing I do see is in close games good teams and good coaches make adjustments at the half. I have yet to see that team in the past few seasons be able to do that with the exception on the Johnstown game last season. 
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

LHAC Week Five

Post by ERAChamp »

BIG problems on Osborne Street. Dissension in the ranks. I won't get into specifics here, but let's just say it is not a big, happy family down there. In addition, they are fast gaining a reputation as a the dirtiest team in the LHAC - they have to lead the league in personal fouls. I wouldn't be surprised if a bad FH team beats them this week.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

My favorite football term is adjustments.  It’s like there is some kind of magic that an inferior team can create out of thin air during the ten minutes or so of halftime to just totally change the outcome of a game.
wagonrider242
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wagonrider242 »

Well if you go into halftime with 0 points and you come out and do the same things over and over and over and finish with 0 points. Maybe it isn't just the kids!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

knowitall wrote:My favorite football term is adjustments.  It’s like there is some kind of magic that an inferior team can create out of thin air during the ten minutes or so of halftime to just totally change the outcome of a game.
How can’t you? If you’re getting beat by one or two plays and minor adjustments to alignment or technique can fix it you could certainly change the outcome. Probably not going to change the outcome much if a team is a 40 point favorite though 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

If you have a great team you might be able to pull it off. But it’s unlikely you’re going to be able to install a whole new offense or defense at halftime of a high school football game. And I don’t care how many peewee football championships you won as a coach.