LHAC Week Five

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
silentbob
Senior
Senior

, to sRe: LHAC Week Five

Post by silentbob »

Haha,
You dont know much about what halftime or ingame adjustments are. It can be 1 play, a different blocking scheme you set up at halftime to make your best play work better, it can be a blitz or coverage you switch to in order to stop something the other team is doing. Any game played by teams that somewhat close are able to be won by coaches making adjustments to what they do after a game starts. I dont think anyone is talking about coaching making a difference in 40 point games.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC Week Five

Post by knowitall »

So if one team makes adjustments don’t their opponents also make adjustments? And wouldn’t that then cause the other team to counter by making more adjustments
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I mean shouldn’t the winning team anticipate its opponent making adjustments and therefore make adjustments of its own to neutralize any adjustments?
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Well correct... but just because you make adjustments doesnt mean you are making the correct ones. You have to anticipate what teams will do and make adjustments accordingly. You are acting like everyone in coaching is equal and will make the write changes.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

I got the perfect answer knowitall...if you anticipate that the other coach will make adjustments to your predicted adjustments, then you can really make no adjustments because the other team will adjust out of what was working to begin with!

Listen guys, what knowitall is trying to say is that sometimes in sports, one team’s talent is just far superior to the other and no amount of “adjusting” is going to even the playing field. This is especially true in HS sports.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

A great coach will always make the proper adjustments.
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Yes I'm not talking about teams that are 40 point games. But look at Somerset and FH.. 24-20 game.. that could be decided by a coaching staff out coaching the other. I'm not talking about a Richland/CH score from earlier this year.

FH through the years with Coach Bailey. You think they won some games with a less talented team due to coaching. I'd bet he did.

Coaching matters in close games.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

silentbob wrote:Yes I'm not talking about teams that are 40 point games.   But look at Somerset and FH..  24-20 game..  that could be decided by a coaching staff out coaching the other.  I'm not talking about a Richland/CH score from earlier this year.  

FH through the years with Coach Bailey.  You think they won some games with a less talented team due to coaching.  I'd bet he did.  

Coaching matters in close games.
Bullseye!
In 1981, my Senior year, we played McCort for the 1st time ever. I was a TE, basically a blocking TE (only threw 3 passes to me all year), I typically went to the side we were running to. McCort had a big DE. In the 1st half, when we ran to our left side, our Left Tackle and I were double teaming that big DE. Great, nullified the DE, but the LB was making all the tackles. We couldn't move the ball, and trailed like 7-0 at halftime, I believe.
At halftime, Coach Bailey challenged our LT to handle the DE himself, and I was challenged to get to the LB.
It worked. That 1 change. We ran the ball in the 2nd half, and came back to win 18-15.
You don't have to, "put in a new offense" at halftime. Just tweaking a couple key things can make a big difference. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Are you saying I need to make some adjustments to the ways I’m thinking?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote:Are you saying I need to make some adjustments to the ways I’m thinking?
Haha.  You don't seriously want an answer to that question, do you.  Everyone on here thinks they "knowitall".
It ain't over until it's over.