LHAC week 7

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC week 7

Post by CCDevil2012 »

sportsfan1072 wrote:CCDevil,  I too am a Central Cambria fan and was at the game and agree that there were some poor calls.  
Even the fans from FH that I was sitting near talked to me about the poor calls.  With that aside though, as you previously mentioned, CC held Bedford and CR to 14 first half points.  However, they have only scored 6 second half points in those 3 games (include FH), while giving up 76.  Seems as though the other teams are making halftime adjustments and CC isn't?  For instance, the CC running back had well over 100 yards in the first half against FH but only 31 I think in the second.  Also seems to me that CC's offense has changed a little from early on in the year and they have become more one-dimensional and relying more on #26 than in the first few games.  He is a really good running back, but it seems, at least FH adjusted to key on him in the second half and did a pretty good job.  Do you see this, or could that just be maybe due to injuries?
I think it has less to do with adjustments and more to do with the teams we played the last month before Forest Hills. As for the scoring against FH, 2 red zone fumbles after long methodical drives hurt them more than anything.  They moved the ball, just couldn’t finish. And losing a starting corner with 4 INT on the season due to a questionable ejection forced us to play a freshman, which definitely was exploited by FH. They threw to that side the entire second half. 
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I think the coach can appeal an ejection (so the player can play the next week). Does McGregor have plans to do that? What was the ejection for?
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

To my knowledge, there isn't an appeal process for ejections. The paperwork comes to the AD office on Monday morning with the infraction from the PIAA that the referee set in. Unless the AD questions the ejection, the decision has already been made by the rules set by the PIAA.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

OutOfTheLoop wrote:I think the coach can appeal an ejection (so the player can play the next week). Does McGregor have plans to do that? What was the ejection for?
Apparently there is no appeal process. The head referee announced that the player kicked the defender in the head, the film from both angles did not show that. What it did show was the ejected player trying to free his leg from the pile when the defender didn’t let go. So imagine someone has a hold of your leg and your trying to free it during the play, that’s all that happened. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I think a similar thing happened a couple years ago to the Blough kid from Forest Hills. Got ejected for throwing a punch in the Johnstown game but film showed he didn’t do it. Not sure what ended up happening.
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sportsfan1072 »

Is that what happened when CC got penalized 30 yards on one play or was this a different time?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

sportsfan1072 wrote:Is that what happened when CC got penalized 30 yards on one play or was this a different time?
Different. I think on that play they got called for face mask and hitting the pile late.  Believe they had 96 yards in penalties