WestPAC regular season Champion?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

WestPAC regular season Champion?

Post by sportsfan1072 »

So, Meyersdale (7-0) travels to Portage (6-1) this Friday. Portage lost to Berlin (6-1), Berlin lost to Meyersdale. If Portage should beat Meyersdale, all 3 teams should end the conference season at 8-1 heading into the Heritage Conference crossover games. What are the tie breakers to determine the Westpac regular season champion?

Predictions on the game? Should be a good one.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: WestPAC regular season Champion?

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I don't know the tiebreaker rules, but didn't this exact scenario happen in the WestPAC last year or the year before?
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Portage wins they should be westpac champs as they'd finish 8-1 with head to head over meyersdale and points for a AA win. Meyersdale finishes second with 8-1 with a head to head loss to Portage and win over Berlin giving them points with a AA win. Berlin finishs third at 8-1 by losing to meyersdale with no AA points win. At least that's how I understand it.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

I am not sure AA points make a difference when doing conference tie breakers.  I could be wrong in the case of the West Pac.  I think each conference has tiebreaker procedures in their by-laws, but not sure what they would be in this case.  Could be an interesting scenario though.  Maybe point differential between the three teams games with each other?
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

Point differential should never be a tie-breaker in high school sports. That would justify humiliating outclassed opponents.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Steve92 wrote:Point differential should never be a tie-breaker in high school sports.  That would justify humiliating outclassed opponents.
Shockingly, some pee wee leagues use points differential or points scored as tiebreakers for home field playoff seeding. It's nuts and not in the best interests of little kids.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The prize is a trip to Ligonier and a 48 point loss.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

OutOfTheLoop wrote:
Steve92 wrote:Point differential should never be a tie-breaker in high school sports.  That would justify humiliating outclassed opponents.
Shockingly, some pee wee leagues use points differential or points scored as tiebreakers for home field playoff seeding. It's nuts and not in the best interests of little kids.
Are playoffs in the best interests of peewee football players?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote:
OutOfTheLoop wrote:
Are playoffs in the best interests of peewee football players?
None of it makes sense if viewed from the prism of developing young players to learn and love the game. Adults take it much too seriously and then blame the kids for being lazy when they are burned out by the 8th grade. We've all seen it and it's a national problem which is dooming the sport.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

I think a few guys are missing the point about point differential. It's only between the three affect teams. It's likely they have all played relatively close games against each other so they won't be humiliating each other.