Pull the plug

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pull the plug

Post by knowitall »

CV has announced it will forfeit Friday night’s road game at Berlin.  It is announcing that is will try to play in two weeks at home against Portage.

CV is down to 13 or 14 healthy players, five or six of whom are lineman.  It is time to cut the charade and end the season.  
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Pull the plug

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

That stinks. Imagine being senior and not ever being sure if you've played your last game (in early October).
I had some good seasons and bad ones, but never had to worry about not even being able to play.
I know it's difficult for their opponents and an embarrassment for the league, but those kids who took the field aren't part of the problem.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CV is down to one Senior

They played one game too many already.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Out in District 3, Millersburg's season is over with a forfeit as well, but they have a planned sports co-op with Upper Dauphin beginning next year. So Millersburg has played its last ever football game as a school.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Should be interesting in week 10 CV vs United, someone will get their first win and someone will be winless, unless both teams have to forfeit and I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Crushersports wrote:Should be interesting in week 10 CV vs United, someone will get their first win and someone will be winless, unless both teams have to forfeit and I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.
United was able to add a few players last week after a few young men were re-added to the team after some academic suspensions. So barring some Injuries I think they're up to like 18-20 players and SHOULD be ok the rest of the way. CV on the other hand....ya they're In trouble. If they want to meet United In the final game of the season I suggest they probably don't play Portage In two weeks either just to guarantee to have the numbers for their last game.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

If CV were to coop, who do they coop with next year?  Is Blacklick a possibility?  Central cambria?

How many CV residents are on the Mccort team this year?
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Serious question. Can a public and private co-op?
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

youngbuck wrote:If CV were to coop, who do they coop with next year?  Is Blacklick a possibility?  Central cambria?

How many CV residents are on the Mccort team this year?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

old school wrote:Serious question.  Can a public and private co-op?
Yes.  Johnstown Christian School co-ops with various schools for different sports.