Pull the plug

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Pull the plug

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

PortagePride wrote:
Crushersports wrote:Should be interesting in week 10 CV vs United, someone will get their first win and someone will be winless, unless both teams have to forfeit and I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.
United was able to add a few players last week after a few young men were re-added to the team after some academic suspensions. So barring some Injuries I think they're up to like 18-20 players and SHOULD be ok the rest of the way. CV on the other hand....ya they're In trouble. If they want to meet United In the final game of the season I suggest they probably don't play Portage In two weeks either just to guarantee to have the numbers for their last game.
Can team do that? Just forfeit 2 consecutive weeks and then play?  I thought that Rockwood wasn't permitted to field a varsity team for a year or two due to something similar?
Realityhits02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Realityhits02 »

knowitall wrote:
youngbuck wrote:If CV were to coop, who do they coop with next year?  Is Blacklick a possibility?  Central cambria?

How many CV residents are on the Mccort team this year?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Realityhits02 wrote:
knowitall wrote:
youngbuck wrote:If CV were to coop, who do they coop with next year?  Is Blacklick a possibility?  Central cambria?

How many CV residents are on the Mccort team this year?
I would generally say that’s about the yearly average. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

old school wrote:Serious question.  Can a public and private co-op?
Yea. I think Portage, Penn Cambria, and Bishop Carroll were one soccer team not too long ago. 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Bellwood and BG coop with Tyrone for swimming. At one time( not sure if they still do) BG coop with Hollidaysburg for wrestling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

BM had a co-op with Westmont for wrestling for a few years.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I think he intended for the coop to be the other way around w/ the public going to the private.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I believe that three school soccer team played as Bishop Carroll a few years ago. 
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:[hr]
I believe that three school soccer team played as Bishop Carroll a few years ago. 
Yes they did, I think they played 3A that year 
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Good chance BC won't have enough kids to play football maybe as soon as next year.  With only a total of 5-6 freshman and sophomores, I really don't know how they can go on.  So if this happens the kids will play for Portage.  Wasn't it Portage that was openly vocal about having to play private schools and now will have private school kids on their team.  It would be funny if it turns out this way.