IF the playoffs started today

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: IF the playoffs started today

Post by Aiks19 »

I do like Penns Valley as a sleeper. Unfortunately for them , they will probably end up fourth , which means Richland in the semifinals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Class A

(1) Portage
(9) Purchase Line at (8) Bishop McCort

(4) Juniata Valley
(12) Blairsville at (5) Claysburg-Kimmel

(3) Homer-Center
(11) Northern Cambria at (6) Saltsburg

(2) Bishop Guilfoyle
(10) Blacklick Valley at (7) Glendale
(1) Portage 
(8) Bishop McCort  vs  (9) Glendale

(4) Purchase Line
(12) Blacklick Valley  vs  (5) Claysburg-Kimmel)

(3) Juniata Valley
(11) Northern Cambria  vs (6) Saltsburg

(2) Bishop Guilfoyle 
(10) Blairsville  vs (7) Homer Center

As of today, this is what we're looking at but these are likely to change after this coming weekend.

Bishop Guilfoyle can take the #1 seed with a win over Bishop McCort and a Portage loss to Ligonier Valley.

Juniata Valley can move to #2 with a Bishop Guilfoyle loss and if they beat West Branch.

Purchase Line can go from #4 to #3 with a Juniata Valley loss and an upset of Berlin.

Bishop McCort could jump a few spots from #8 with a win over Bishop Guilfoyle and a Saltsburg loss to Windber and or a Homer Center loss to Shade. McCort can vault over HC if the Crushers win regardless of the Wildcats winning.

Glendale can jump a few spots with an upset of Northern Bedford and losses by Bishop McCort and Homer Center.

Moshannon Valley can still sneak in with an upset of Tussey Mountain combined with a Blacklick Valley loss or a Northern Cambria loss.

The Heritage vs Westpac crossover games will decide a lot of how things shake out and it makes it interesting with a lot of meaningful games this weekend.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Aiks19 wrote:I do like Penns Valley as a sleeper. Unfortunately for them , they will probably end up fourth , which means Richland in the semifinals.

Might be unfortunate for Richland 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:I do like Penns Valley as a sleeper. Unfortunately for them , they will probably end up fourth , which means Richland in the semifinals.

Might be unfortunate for Richland 
You might be right.

Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

I don't think Richland's defense gets enough credit, their offensive weapons get the press, but their defense is stellar. I haven't seen Penns Valley but they seem very pass heavy. Maybe it will be a shootout, but I just don't see it.
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sportsfan1072 »

Are the District Title games still at Mansion Park? Just wondering, because if the Class A finishes at is currently sits, and Portage and BG Make the championship, BG would have a home game over the higher ranked team. Or, if this happens, would the game be moved to a different location? Obviously, this is hypothetical and dependent on the outcome of this weekends games and first few rounds of the playoffs. I personally think that if BG makes the championship game, which I expect, that they should not have a home game for the championship game if all other championship games are also played at a neutral site.
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

sportsfan1072 wrote:Are the District Title games still at Mansion Park?  Just wondering, because if the Class A finishes at is currently sits, and Portage and BG Make the championship, BG would have a home game over the higher ranked team.  Or, if this happens, would the game be moved to a different location?  Obviously, this is hypothetical and dependent on the outcome of this weekends games and first few rounds of the playoffs.  I personally think that if BG makes the championship game, which I expect, that they should not have a home game for the championship game if all other championship games are also played at a neutral site.
Yes the game would still be at Mansion Park. The higher seed would be on the home side and lower seed the visiting side. 
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

That was the case for last year's A District Title game between Juniata Valley and BG.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Last years D6 A title game was between JV and United.....
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

Of the teams currently qualified, how many opt out?