IF the playoffs started today

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Re: IF the playoffs started today

Post by Steve92 »

DCor50 wrote:Last years D6 A title game was between JV and United.....
I stand corrected.  BG was on the visitor's side of Mansion Park against Juniata Valley in the game before the district title.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

sportsfan1072 wrote:Are the District Title games still at Mansion Park?  Just wondering, because if the Class A finishes at is currently sits, and Portage and BG Make the championship, BG would have a home game over the higher ranked team.  Or, if this happens, would the game be moved to a different location?  Obviously, this is hypothetical and dependent on the outcome of this weekends games and first few rounds of the playoffs.  I personally think that if BG makes the championship game, which I expect, that they should not have a home game for the championship game if all other championship games are also played at a neutral site.
I guess technically it would be a “home” game but it’s not like BG has a big fan base. Portage would probably fill their half and BG would have the same 200 parents/fans they have for a regular Friday night 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
sportsfan1072 wrote:Are the District Title games still at Mansion Park?  Just wondering, because if the Class A finishes at is currently sits, and Portage and BG Make the championship, BG would have a home game over the higher ranked team.  Or, if this happens, would the game be moved to a different location?  Obviously, this is hypothetical and dependent on the outcome of this weekends games and first few rounds of the playoffs.  I personally think that if BG makes the championship game, which I expect, that they should not have a home game for the championship game if all other championship games are also played at a neutral site.
I guess technically it would be a “home” game but it’s not like BG has a big fan base. Portage would probably fill their half and BG would have the same 200 parents/fans they have for a regular Friday night 
I was going to be generous and give them 300, after all it's a playoff game, and they should have at least a handful more fans than showed up on a good Sat. nt. a couple weeks ago.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Earl34 wrote:Of the teams currently qualified, how many opt out?
Most teams don't opt out of the football playoffs. You see that more in other sports.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

I think Everett opted out of the D5 AA playoffs. Granted they only had 2 wins this year, but I don't think D5 has any rules about needing to have a minimum number of wins to qualify do they?
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Crushersports wrote:
Earl34 wrote:Of the teams currently qualified, how many opt out?
Most teams don't opt out of the football playoffs. You see that more in other sports.
[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I think Everett opted out of the D5 AA playoffs. Granted they only had 2 wins this year, but I don't think D5 has any rules about needing to have a minimum number of wins to qualify do they?[/font]
Scarlets1992
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Scarlets1992 »

So, is a 1 win Johnstown team expected to participate in the playoffs?
Scarlets1992
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Scarlets1992 »

Seriously....will Johnstown enter at 1-9?
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Scarlets1992 wrote:Seriously....will Johnstown enter at 1-9?
Sad thing is if they don't Bradford could get in with no wins. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Bradford best Punxsutawney. Both Johnstown and Bradford are 1-8.