forfeits....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

forfeits....

Post by billmurray »

I never thought I'd have to keep a list, but now I'm looking to build one.  Please post any forfeits you know of. Here's what I have so far:
Bishop Carroll  to Bellefonte
P-O to Penns Valley
P-O to Clearfield
United to Homer Center
United to Ligonier Valley
Bishop Canevin to OLSH
Fairview to Mercyhurst
Millersburg to Susquenita
Seneca to Greenville
Shady Side to Apollo Ridge
Conemaugh Valley to Meyersdale
Conemaugh Valley to Berlin
Conemaugh Valley to Portage
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: forfeits....

Post by youngbuck »

This was exactly why the LHAC wanted rid of Bishop Carroll, especially with Chestnut Ridge waiting in the wings. I thought that BC had to give their current conference some reassurance that they would not forfeit games or drop their football program.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

From a top ten program year after year to getting kicked out of the LHAC, forfeiting games now, and coaching troubles.  How BC has fallen.   After all the happenings this year and the lack of kids no way the program can survive.  I'm also hearing that the diocese may be withholding BCs yearly money.  BC might have a bigger problem then just football. 
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

Bishop Carroll  to Bellefonte (6-2)
P-O to Penns Valley (7-1)
P-O to Clearfield  (6-2)
United to Homer Center (5-3)
United to Ligonier Valley (8-0)
Bishop Canevin to OLSH  (6-2)
Fairview to Mercyhurst  (5-3)
Millersburg to Susquenita (4-4)
Seneca to Greenville  (5-3)
Shady Side to Apollo Ridge  (6-2)
Conemaugh Valley to Meyersdale (7-1)
Conemaugh Valley to Berlin (7-1)
Conemaugh Valley to Portage (7-1)
So 13 teams were forfeited to.  Of those 13 teams, no losing records, and a combined record of 79-25.  Average record thru eight games a little better than 6-2.  Teams are not forfeiting to other teams with poor records. One could conclude that at least some of the forfeits are not just about "we are down a few players this week", its also about "we don't think we have any chance to win" and/or "we will just get more beat up this week by the better/bigger team".  Not trying to judge, just pointing out an interesting trend with these forfeits.  Small sample size - maybe just a coincidence.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

BlueYonder, your exactly right. What CV did this year manuevering through the schedule is ridiculous.  There should be some consequences. They should have to travel to those schools next year if the games were to be away. Im sure they'll bounce back magically week 10 and get blasted by United. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CV’s only mistake was playing the Windber game.
McCoolRedDevil
Freshman
Freshman

Post by McCoolRedDevil »

See what Saltsburg started in 2018 not playing Ligonier Valley
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Jimjohn81 wrote:BlueYonder, your exactly right. What CV did this year manuevering through the schedule is ridiculous.  There should be some consequences. They should have to travel to those schools next year if the games were to be away. Im sure they'll bounce back magically week 10 and get blasted by United. 
argument could also be made that forfeits were protecting kids against huge programs compared to theirs. P-O only has 2 linemen above 150...rest are freshmen and small.  QB never played QB ...could make for a dangerous situation vs the likes of Bft/PV
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

CV, ferndale and United were all playoff teams a year ago? What changed for these schools.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Ferndale and United had stud QBs to lead them through a relatively weak conference schedule.  Those players graduated/transferred and left a huge hole on the roster.