ICC WEEK 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC WEEK 9

Post by ICCFan »

As many thought it would, the ICC title comes down to Bellwood's visit to Tussey Mountain tonight.   Before we get to the main event, the call on the other ICC games tonight:
Everett 28 Williamsburg 27 - This could actually be an entertaining game to watch.  Hats off to both squads and coaching staffs as both these teams, despite suffering through tough seasons, have remained competitive and continue to play hard and battle week in and week out deep into the season.
Northern Bedford 48 West Branch 12 - This shouldn't be much of a test for the Panthers as they roll into an interesting Week 10 matchup with Glendale.
Southern Huntingdon 34 Claysburg 26 -  This is another interesting matchup this week.  Claysburg was a little disappointing last week and my hunch here is to go with the home team with the explosive offense.
Juniata Valley 26 Glendale 13 - A very interesting matchup.  How will this surprising Viking team holdup in their 3-week tour to prove they belong in the upper tier of the ICC.  Last week's close loss to Tussey seemed to validate that they belong or was TM guilty of looking ahead to this weeks showdown with Bellwood?  Glendale needs a win in these final weeks to put a stamp on their season but I think they'll have to wait and see if they can get it at Northern next week.
Mount Union 7 Mo Valley 6 - Yawn
THE GAME
Bellwood at Tussey Mountain -   This has the makings of an absolutely terrific game.  I see these teams as very evenly matched.  What are the differences?   I feel that Bellwood has the better kicking game/special teams and that could be huge with regard to field position over the course of the game.  Bellwood also has shown that they take care of the ball better than the Titans and turnovers could prove huge in a game where two teams appear to be so evenly matched.  Tussey's advantage is speed and big play ability.  Bellwood can afford to give up one big scoring play but more than that could prove dangerous.  In my opinion if Tussey is to win they've got to stay within a score of the Blue Devils or maintain a lead.  If Bellwood gets up 8+ points they'll manage field position, take care of the ball, and play solid enough defense to hold on.  It's for that reason that I lean toward the Blue Devils.  In a chess match where field position and turnovers will mean everything, Bellwood 21 Tussey Mountain 12.