District 6 Class AA Playoff Standings

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 Class AA Playoff Standings

Post by CCDevil2012 »

If this is the case, then as soon as a team has no hopes of being over .500 or making the playoffs, they might as well just forfeit the remainder of the season for fear of injury. 
We sit here and discuss the problems of low numbers and wanting kids to come out for football. They play their hearts out and earn the right to be in the playoffs regardless of how good, and we kick back our feet and say, “too bad, should have won more games”. Does it really bother you that much if they play one more game? Every conference has different competition and upsets happen every year. Yet we deny these kids the right to play a game because, “well they’d lose by 42-0”. Why not just cancel all of playoffs and let Richland and LV battle it out again. 
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

CCDevil2012 wrote:If this is the case, then as soon as a team has no hopes of being over .500 or making the playoffs, they might as well just forfeit the remainder of the season for fear of injury. 
We sit here and discuss the problems of low numbers and wanting kids to come out for football. They play their hearts out and earn the right to be in the playoffs regardless of how good, and we kick back our feet and say, “too bad, should have won more games”. Does it really bother you that much if they play one more game? Every conference has different competition and upsets happen every year. Yet we deny these kids the right to play a game because, “well they’d lose by 42-0”. Why not just cancel all of playoffs and let Richland and LV battle it out again. 
Richland may not even win a playoff game this year.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

If I was in charge there would be eight game seasons.  Minimum roster size would be 22 legitimate players.  If you forfeit, your season is over.  Top four teams make the playoffs provided they have at least six wins.  Playoffs over by Thanksgiving and basketball season.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

knowitall wrote:If I was in charge there would be eight game seasons.  Minimum roster size would be 22 legitimate players.  If you forfeit, your season is over.  Top four teams make the playoffs provided they have at least six wins.  Playoffs over by Thanksgiving and basketball season.
That would show common sense. You are now banned from any Piaa position.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

You hear coaches say it all the time...our playoffs start now. Southern hunt. game 10 was second seed Bellwood. Maybe you tell your team win and you are in. Maybe tell them be competitive and you go. Someone told me that score was 30 to nothing at half. Do you take a team that just lost by 40 to the number 1 seed?
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Earl34 wrote:You hear coaches say it all the time...our playoffs start now. Southern hunt. game 10 was second seed Bellwood. Maybe you tell your team win and you are in. Maybe tell them be competitive and you go. Someone told me that score was 30 to nothing at half. Do you take a team that just lost by 40 to the number 1 seed?
That’s just it. The school already said before the game. If they beat Bellwood they are in, if they lose they aren’t entering the playoffs. I don’t think anyone was expecting them to win. But you’d think they would try. According to their coach’s comment in the Altoona Mirror, they have no effort. The score would have been uglier next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

knowitall wrote:If I was in charge there would be eight game seasons.  Minimum roster size would be 22 legitimate players.  If you forfeit, your season is over.  Top four teams make the playoffs provided they have at least six wins.  Playoffs over by Thanksgiving and basketball season.
19 teams in Single A, 6 teams in AAAA, but you’re taking 4 regardless? What if 6 teams are 8-2? And I agree with the forfeit, but didn’t United make it to the championship game last year with less than 22?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

United had 31 on the Maxpreps roster from last season. 
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
19 teams in Single A, 6 teams in AAAA, but you’re taking 4 regardless? What if 6 teams are 8-2? And I agree with the forfeit, but didn’t United make it to the championship game last year with less than 22?
You're probably thinking of Saltsburg.  They had 18 kids, made the quarterfinals by beating Penns Manor, then lost to #1 seed N Cambria in the final minute.  Finished 5-7 but that experience probably helped them.   I think their roster is somewhere in the mid 20's this year. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:United had 31 on the Maxpreps roster from last season. 
And 25 this year