Appalachian Bowl

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Appalachian Bowl

Post by PAgridder2011 »

X3pointer wrote:LV has  has a great program , they need to leave the heritage conference to take the next step , a state title. It will be a chalange but possible. A few years ago they would have Won the states if they were in the wpial, I do think they will be AAA when they do the next reclassification as they are only three students away now. Good Luck to LV and I hope The heritage conference can find a replacement.Apollo Ridge would be nice.  The  Schedule is made up By the wpial So they won’t be playing any D6 teams. 
Are you talking about the year they lost to Southern Columbia in a close game to go to Hershey?  Reminder..... Steel Valley beat SC 49-7 that year.  They weren't winning it all that year.  Great team though. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The Heritage Conference has not impeded Ligonier Valley’s chances of winning a state title in any way, shape or form.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

LV will have a nice team in 2A but if they go 3A, it’s gonna be UGLY.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Playing 9 games under mercy rule does not prepare anyone for the playoffs!,,
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:LV will have a nice team in 2A but if they go 3A, it’s gonna be UGLY.
Their enrollment is declining, so there is no chance that they'll be moving to "AAA".
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

X3pointer wrote:Playing 9 games under mercy rule does not prepare anyone for the playoffs!,,
It does when you play Mccort in the title game 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Ligonier didn’t lose to Richland last year because they played West Shamokin instead of Westmont.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

tubmill wrote:
GoldenRamsFAN wrote:LV will have a nice team in 2A but if they go 3A, it’s gonna be UGLY.
Their enrollment is declining, so there is no chance that they'll be moving to "AAA".
I was against the WPIAL move at first, but after hearing the side of more college looks for kids, possibly of heniz, and playing bigger name schools, I am all for it. Will def miss the HC, but it wasn't a challenge anymore and the forfeits were too much. That said if LV gets moved to AAA, it's going to be a blood bath for them. AAA in WPIAL is loaded with immense talent especially in Beaver County and I am not sure LV has that kind of talent. One nice thing about AAA, they could play Derry.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Ligonier would be 8-2 with Derry's schedule this year as well in AAA.  North Catholic, Latrobe would probably beat them.   But, things go in cycles, it all depends on how many kids are out for football at LV in the 9/10 grade.
With that said, I think they will be AA in the next cycle as well.
Heritage conference will benefit from this as well.  Perhaps inviting a member that fits the enrollment profile of the other schools will make for a more level playing field.
I'm not so sure the 6 classes have been a good thing for our area.  The catholic schools dropped to the lowest level where they think they can win a district title, and there are only a couple of schools in each class that seem to have a legitimate chance of winning.
So, maybe the 4 class system was better.   At least for our area.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

tubmill wrote:
Don't you think every school's enrollment is declining?  If other schools decline by more they could definitely be moving to AAA.  It's not completely unrealistic.