Appalachian Bowl

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Appalachian Bowl

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There is no set number for enrollment per class. It fluctuates. There were 562 football playing schools for this current cycle, so they'll try to continue to distribute that evenly as best as possible. So Ligonier will presumably still be in that AA-AAA limbo for a few more years.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
X3pointer wrote:Playing 9 games under mercy rule does not prepare anyone for the playoffs!,,
It does when you play Mccort in the title game 
Didn't Ligonier win that game by 6
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

knowitall wrote:Ligonier didn’t lose to Richland last year because they played West Shamokin instead of Westmont.
Maybe you're right and it's possible they lose last year no matter what their schedule is.  I don't think it's unreasonable to think, considering their closest regular season game since 2015 was a 22 win over MC last year, that they are less prepared than some come time for the post season. It's not their fault. You can only play the game in front of you, however I believe you cant properly prepare for a close game until you are in one. 
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

LV would’ve beat Latrobe this year and quite possibly North Catholic as well.  I would say LV would be 10-0 if they played Derry’s schedule this year.  There are good teams in D7 and then there are really bad teams as well.  Just like every other District in the state.  There only there more good teams from D7 is because there are more teams.  There are 31 AA schools in D7....only 11 AA schools in D6.....simple math....
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

DCor50 wrote:LV would’ve beat Latrobe this year and quite possibly North Catholic as well.  I would say LV would be 10-0 if they played Derry’s schedule this year.  There are good teams in D7 and then there are really bad teams as well.  Just like every other District in the state.  There only there more good teams from D7 is because there are more teams.  There are 31 AA schools in D7....only 11 AA schools in D6.....simple math....
I don't see LV beating North Catholic this year.. This NC team is probably at Heniz in November and possibly the states.
Latrobe is a top up.. Latrobe is much bigger and could wear LV down. Didn't Latrobe play PH tough this year until a fumble in the 3rd quarter? Could LV beat Penn Hills?

You could say if Derry played LV schedule they be unbeaten also.. HC is just not tough.
Ballislyfe
Junior
Junior

Post by Ballislyfe »

I know this is a football thread, but I have questions. Was the Lv move to the wpial solely based upon the success of its football program?? Trashing teams by 30 or more ea game. Having very little trouble winning games by end of first qtr. conference titles almost every year. or has all of the sports been so successful that the school decides to change conferences?? Cuz I know their boys hoops have been good the past few years, but has all the other sports been as dominant or close? And if not , does it benefit all sports to move?? I can’t imagine the girls b-ball team being competitive in wpial if it doesn’t do well in heritage?? So maybe the move works for football, but will the other sports drown
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Let's not pretend this was LV choice, they were given ultimatum by Heritage.   
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

no they weren't...you keep saying that. 
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

The move was for ALL sports, not just football. LV offers a number of athletic programs that other Heritage schools can’t. This move will help golf, wrestling, soccer, swimming and track for sure. These teams will now have a full schedule to play instead of constantly looking outside of the conference to fill the schedule. LV will be just fine in D7. They’ll have their ups and downs like most teams do. Like others have said, talent is cyclical. Would LV football have been at the top or near the top in AA the last 4 years in D7....YES. But down the road they’ll be in rebuilding mode. Only 3 juniors on this years roster. So moving to D7 next year AND only having 3 seniors will be a tough gig. But overall, they’ll be just fine.
LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LoneRanger »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Let's not pretend this was LV choice, they were given ultimatum by Heritage.   
Where did you get that info at?