Appalachian Bowl

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Appalachian Bowl

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

What was the ultimatum? Be worse at football or else.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:What was the ultimatum? Be worse at football or else.
They were going to reform the conference the same way BC got dropped.  LHAC was not an option due to odd numbers, after they saw BC lose the battle to stay in the LHAC last year, wpial was only option
After the lineman exodus this year, LV most likely will not be the same as the last couple years
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

How come enzo you are the only person who knows of this conference reformation?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Some of the Ligonier teams in recent years would have hit the ground running and made an instant impact. I have no doubts about that. They might not do that next year but Beitel has done a gold job with building up the culture of the program. So I do think they’ll compete just fine generally even if it’s not at an incredibly high level in year one. 
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

konjo78 wrote:How come enzo you are the only person who knows of this conference reformation?
Did you want the Heritage to put in the Indiana Gazette, ?  BC went after the LHAC through their ties with local politicians, start asking around.  Have you talked to the PM AD?
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Lhac should add LV. They can make it work with an odd number of teams. This isn't rocket science.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

I am totally amazed at the wealth of information that we receive from good old Enzo. He is the guru of all things pertaining to local high school conference realignment! :ymapplause:  
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

DCor50 wrote:The move was for ALL sports, not just football.  LV offers a number of athletic programs that other Heritage schools can’t.  This move will help golf, wrestling, soccer, swimming and track for sure.  These teams will now have a full schedule to play instead of constantly looking outside of the conference to fill the schedule.  LV will be just fine in D7.  They’ll have their ups and downs like most teams do.  Like others have said, talent is cyclical.  Would LV football have been at the top or near the top in AA the last 4 years in D7....YES.  But down the road they’ll be in rebuilding mode.  Only 3 juniors on this years roster.  So moving to D7 next year AND only having 3 seniors will be a tough gig.  But overall, they’ll be just fine.
Wrestling especially, How many Heritage teams even have it United, Blairsville, LV and Marion Center I believe.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

tubmill wrote:I am totally amazed at the wealth of information that we receive from good old Enzo. He is the guru of all things pertaining to local high school conference realignment! :ymapplause:  
Considering running for school board, 
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
tubmill wrote:I am totally amazed at the wealth of information that we receive from good old Enzo. He is the guru of all things pertaining to local high school conference realignment! :ymapplause:  
Considering running for school board, 
Go for it!