portage, ferndale, blacklick, conemaugh valley to D5

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Re: portage, ferndale, blacklick, conemaugh valley to D5

Post by CharlieConway »

Careful here boys.  You all talking mutiny.  

LOL.  And I like it!

I propose, if you are going to let the kids go where they want.  Let the schools play where they want!!  Kidding.  But its about at that point.

PIAA has been proven time and time again to be just as corrupt as any other "limb" of government.  They play by their own rules, state "fairness" to justify their means, and stand firmly behind "that's the way we have always done it."  PIAA's decisions are often headed up by a majority of retired or about to retire athletic directors that do not want to see their system changed.  They have pinned their problems on everyone else and only "fixed" things in promotion of their (PIAA) best interest.  I could go on and on about tons of injustices, as can you!  

And everytime it happens, it creates more "haves" and "have nots."

This LV thing, for whatever reason is happening, is being "allowed' through under the PIAA "fairness" umbrella.  

If the PIAA was about "fairness" they would restructure, realizing that socio-economic boundaries have changed.  The structure of school make up (public, private, charter, cyber, etc) has changed.  They, the PIAA, believe that their same "lens" or "judgement" used in the 1960s, by their daddy's, can now govern a changing environment.  

You want changes?  Go to your local school board members, open up the A.D. position and remove the old guard.  

Otherwise we will keep seeing "fairness" operate when it feels like it.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

So in theory. North Allegheny could declare they want to be District 5. There’s no 6A schools in District 5 and they get an automatic bid to the state playoffs each year. 
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

For further reading, the exemption list can be found several places.  Here is a quick reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Interscholastic_Athletic_Association

Part way down under districts.  

Crimson, or maybe they join D6?  Play Altoona, winner gets in the dance?  LOL
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hollidaysbueg has been the unopposed D6 AAAAA champ for a few years now. Not a bad gig.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

D6 did let Altoona and Hollidaysburg got to WPIAl to get their butts kicked for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

And Indiana.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Charlie Conway " PIAA's decisions are often headed up by a majority of retired or about to retire athletic directors that do not want to see their system changed."

Incorrect. Two AD's sit on each of the local (5&6) District committees out of 15-20 overall committee members. The State AD Association gets only one seat at the table on the PIAA Board.

I am aware of the State AD Association promoting several changes over the years, most recently going from 2 to 3 classifications in T&F and changing the soccer officiating style to conform with college and international style soccer officiating. Both have been shot down, as have been most of their recommendations over the years, at the PIAA level

My point....While your post was a good one, I think you might be pointing the finger the wrong direction.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Head Roadie wrote:Charlie Conway " PIAA's decisions are often headed up by a majority of retired or about to retire athletic directors that do not want to see their system changed."

Incorrect.  Two AD's sit on each of the local (5&6) District committees out of 15-20 overall committee members.  The State AD Association gets only one seat at the table on the PIAA Board.

I am aware of the State AD Association promoting several changes over the years, most recently going from 2 to 3 classifications in T&F and changing the soccer officiating style to conform with college and international style soccer officiating.  Both have been shot down, as have been most of their recommendations over the years, at the PIAA level

My point....While your post was a good one, I think you might be pointing the finger the wrong direction.
Please point me in the right direction!  This dog likes to hunt!
Thanks!
McCoolRedDevil
Freshman
Freshman

Post by McCoolRedDevil »

Let's get a correction, Ligonier Valley and back then Laurel Valley, are in Westmoreland County. Westmoreland COunty is in the WPIAL, which means the LVs are in the WPIAL. With that said, if you want things to change within a district or the PIAA, the principal and superintendents of each school are who the District President and PIAA 'Dr. Lombardi' will listen to. Firing the A.D. makes no sense. You want change in the PIAA, and I agree that changes should be made with the private schools, put pressure on the PIAA as a group. Threaten to start your own state league and see if you get change.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Laurel Valley was never in the WPIAL. They always competed in District 6.