portage, ferndale, blacklick, conemaugh valley to D5

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

portage, ferndale, blacklick, conemaugh valley to D5

Post by hornets69 »

if district 6 releases ligonier valley to go to d7, does portage and the other westpac teams make another push to go to d5? and if so do they have a lawsuit if denied based on d6 releasing ligonier valley?
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: portage, ferndale, blacklick, conemaugh valley to D5

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I think there’s a difference between leaving a district and getting  kicked out of a district.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

No.  They don’t.  Those four schools are located in District 6.  Ligonier Valley was not.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Let's be honest , District 5 wants nothing to do with Portage coming to their playground.  Gouse would have a cabinet of district gold if Portage was in district 5.  
[font=Georgia, serif]214-81 record in 28 seasons[/font]
[font=Georgia, serif]Let's conservatively say he would have won 10 titles had Portage been in district 5.[/font]
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by hornets69 »

i am not so sure..... curwensville is in clearfield county but they play in d9. seems like could be a slippery slope for d6 should they grant the release to LV to me.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Let's be honest , District 5 wants nothing to do with Portage coming to their playground.  Gouse would have a cabinet of district gold if Portage was in district 5.  
[font=Georgia, serif]214-81 record in 28 seasons[/font]
[font=Georgia, serif]Let's conservatively say he would have won 10 titles had Portage been in district 5.[/font]
I don’t know how I feel about agreeing with the guy everyone dislikes on here, but I think he is spot on. And 10 is definitely the conservative side. Hmmm maybe some respect for portage since you’ve watched them in person?
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

knowitall wrote:No.  They don’t.  Those four schools are located in District 6.  Ligonier Valley was not.
Ligonier is in District 6. They applied in 1969 and became a full member of said conference. Also the northern portion of Ligonier Valley (Laurel Valley) was always in District 6. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

tubmill wrote:
knowitall wrote:No.  They don’t.  Those four schools are located in District 6.  Ligonier Valley was not.
Ligonier is in District 6. They applied in 1969 and became a full member of said conference. Also the northern portion of Ligonier Valley (Laurel Valley) was always in District 6. 
Some schools have to be "out on the border", don't they?  Thats why there's a "border".
It ain't over until it's over.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Ligonier leaving for more opportunities is a little different than moving to District 5 when all the same sports are offered in District 6 at every level. The only reason to move to D5 is for the chance to win more championships
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Some of these schools are landlocked in District 6 and they wouldn't even switch conference affiliation so there's not really a good basis.