Richland vs Penns Valley

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Richland vs Penns Valley

Post by knowitall »

Richland won 59-7 last year. Has Penns Valley improved that much or has Richland regressed that much?
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Should be a good one. Everyone at this point in the season is "pretty good." Often, the team that is rolling & hot advances. Both teams are pretty good when they got it rolling. Who can settle in first and find their rhythm will come out on top.
Thanks!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:If anything I'd say Richland has a better defense. Its gonna be a good game. This is the d6 title game winner of this raises the trophy next week.
I think the line play of Ligonier Valley might give them a chance to hoist the trophy themselves.  
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Richland 42 PV 13
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I agree with enzo. Lol. Never thought I'd say that! Ligoniers line is something else. If Miller is healthy at Rb they will be a tough out. Advantage Richland on the perimeter but if the QB only has a second to throw it, that doesn't let burke get too far. I am going to wait and see how the LHAC fairs this week before I make my official Richland/ligonier prediction. The LHAC has always been the biggest/best conference but lately some of the big dogs not so much.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Jimjohn81 wrote:I agree with enzo. Lol. Never thought I'd say that! Ligoniers line is something else. If Miller is healthy at Rb they will be a tough out. Advantage Richland on the perimeter but if the QB only has a second to throw it, that doesn't let burke get too far. I am going to wait and see how the LHAC fairs this week before I make my official Richland/ligonier prediction. The LHAC has always been the biggest/best conference but lately some of the big dogs not so much.
I would say Richland or Penns Valleys lines are better than the teams LV runs over every year.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
Goldeneagles12 wrote:If anything I'd say Richland has a better defense. Its gonna be a good game. This is the d6 title game winner of this raises the trophy next week.
I think the line play of Ligonier Valley might give them a chance to hoist the trophy themselves.  
Now I'm not saying LV doesn't have a chance. I just think Richland and Penns Valley are better and have played better competition. Penns Valley beat beat BEA who are in the AAA final they beat Bellefonte lost to Clearfield by a td both of those teams are in the AAAA final. Richland beat Westmont AAA finalist Bedford d5 AAA champ BG possible A champ and Chestnut Ridge d5 AA finalist. Ligonier has Portage possible A champ.
Guru80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Guru80 »

Richland has 4 and 5 guys deep that would highlight most teams. Impressive
Guru80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Guru80 »

Richland has guys that are 4th and 5th look guys that would highlight most teams. Impressive!
Richland 35-7
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

PV returned nearly everyone from last years team. They're much improved. Weakness, and it could be big, pass defense. Especially the deep ball. However, they have an aggressive line and blitz package that works. Both teams have taken down some serious competition.

Points for: PV 487  Richland 477  Points against PV 163 (56 to 4A clearfield)  Richland 74  Richland QB is playing great ball. Their defense is also playing great. This is the first time Richland will face an offense as efficient as Penns Valley.  Tobias needs 2 td passes to break the state record for td passes in a season. If PV had a back like a Kyrie Miller Id say this is a team everyone but Southern Columbia should fear, but it’s the one thing their offense lacks, a tough, hard nosed RB. That said, Tobias runs the rpo spread better than anyone I’ve seen in a while. This won't be a blowout like last year.  I expect this game to be a shootout.