Playoff Predictions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Re: Playoff Predictions

Post by Steve92 »

Does anyone know what BG pays the Altoona school district to rent Mansion Park? How long the agreement runs?
Or what St. Francis charges?
I suspect that St. Francis has an interest in hosting BG. They run a few college courses at BG and give BG students some kind of admission preference. Having the BG fan base visit campus keeps the pipeline open. Another Marauder or two might consider walking on at SFU. A lot of former BG students are on campus and will see the game.
There's some similarity to PSU hosting the State High game a few weeks ago.
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Steve92 wrote:Does anyone know what BG pays the Altoona school district to rent Mansion Park?  How long the agreement runs?
Or what St. Francis charges?
I suspect that St. Francis has an interest in hosting BG.  They run a few college courses at BG and give BG students some kind of admission preference.  Having the BG fan base visit campus keeps the pipeline open.  Another Marauder or two might consider walking on at SFU.  A lot of former BG students are on campus and will see the game.
There's some similarity to PSU hosting the State High game a few weeks ago.
I believe transportation to a location outside of the city limits is the issue, because if it wasn't,  i beleive they would of been at Hollidaysburg years ago.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

Transportation for the players? They get transported to away games.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

My guess is, if it’s Saint Francis, they have a bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sportsfan1072 »

[quote="LeeCorso"]Interesting that BG doesn’t get home field on Saturday but Juniata Valley does right?[/quote]

But if BG Wins, they get home field for the Championship game.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

sportsfan1072 wrote:
LeeCorso wrote:Interesting that BG doesn’t get home field on Saturday but Juniata Valley does right?
Again, home field advantage meaning they have the same amount of fans as a normal game and are outnumbered by the visitors 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There won’t be a big crowd for a Single-A football game in a 10,000 seat stadium. I don’t think the home field advantage means much other than they don’t have to travel very far. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Like if UCLA ever plays in the Rose Bowl, I don’t think they would get that much of a home field advantage. Same idea, smaller scale.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
sportsfan1072 wrote:
LeeCorso wrote:Interesting that BG doesn’t get home field on Saturday but Juniata Valley does right?
Again, home field advantage meaning they have the same amount of fans as a normal game and are outnumbered by the visitors 
At the last game BG fans outnumbered McCort fans by (guessing here) 5:1.  Not unexpected given the travel and the weather.  
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Home field advantage is more about the players being in routine and being comfortable. The number of fans at a high school game doesn’t make a difference. In major college or NFL yes but not D6-A.