Juniata Valley/Bishop Guilfoyle D6 Class A Title Game

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Juniata Valley/Bishop Guilfoyle D6 Class A Title Game

Post by guru1 »

Hornets are the defending champs and knocked BG out last year. BG will want revenge but motivation isn’t really an issue in a Championship game (or shouldn’t be).

Who you got and why????
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Re: Juniata Valley/Bishop Guilfoyle D6 Class A Title Game

Post by Steve92 »

This is tough to predict because so much rides on Keegan Myrick's status. His knee was re-injured against Saltsuburg. He went back in for a later series but was used only to take the snap and hand-off. He was no threat to run. He didn't return for defense. Myrick at 100% is an entirely different game than BG without him or with in in a limited role.
Slippery95
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Slippery95 »

Juniata Valley wins..................even if Myrick is in and healthy. If he is less than 100% then it just becomes easier.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Steve92 wrote: November 18th, 2019, 8:49 am This is tough to predict because so much rides on Keegan Myrick's status. His knee was re-injured against Saltsuburg. He went back in for a later series but was used only to take the snap and hand-off. He was no threat to run. He didn't return for defense. Myrick at 100% is an entirely different game than BG without him or with in in a limited role.
Interesting.. any BG people on here? Is he gonna play? If so how bad is he?
footballguy365
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballguy365 »

It’s hard to bet against the diverse offense and hard nosed defense of Juniata Valley. I feel BG’s one man show fizzles out wether Myrick is 100% or not. Valleys ability to spread out the ball is lethal. BG doesn’t have the athletes to cover them across the ball. Juniata Valley wins and it’s not even close...
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

No insider knowledge, but I've seen the freshman who backs up Myrick. He has promising vision, speed, and shiftiness, but he's still a freshman, and probably weighs #135 or so. He'll make a big noise for BG in two years, but for now he's not even close in terms of dragging tacklers, breaking arm tackles or pushing the pile. It's just a huge difference.
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Steve92 wrote: November 19th, 2019, 4:36 pm No insider knowledge, but I've seen the freshman who backs up Myrick. He has promising vision, speed, and shiftiness, but he's still a freshman, and probably weighs #135 or so. He'll make a big noise for BG in two years, but for now he's not even close in terms of dragging tacklers, breaking arm tackles or pushing the pile. It's just a huge difference.
Although i agree that JV has good speed and athletes, but i think they are no more physical or athletic than let's say a Bishop McCort and they were 5-5 in the LHAC, JV would be 6-4 at best in the LHAC. They would lose to Richland, Chestnut Ridge, Bedford, and maybe Westmont or Cambria Heights. For this argument i think they lose to BG as well. I do think it will be close Friday but see a 22 -13 win for BG.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

When I watched JV earlier against Bellwood, I said that they would be district champs again. I’ll stick by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

footballguy365 wrote: November 18th, 2019, 11:31 pm It’s hard to bet against the diverse offense and hard nosed defense of Juniata Valley. I feel BG’s one man show fizzles out wether Myrick is 100% or not. Valleys ability to spread out the ball is lethal. BG doesn’t have the athletes to cover them across the ball. Juniata Valley wins and it’s not even close...
Oops.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

The not even close part was right.