Richland vs. Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
bgiant28
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Richland vs. Southern Columbia

Post by bgiant28 »

First the QB that transferred to Southern that went to Alabama should’ve started at his school as a sophomore, however a freshman came up who’s daddy was the QB coach and because of politics he started over the sophomore. Being that he would sit for 3 years and should be starting he wasn’t going to ride the pine and therefore transferred out. I would’ve done the same for my kid because obviously going to bama he was good enough. Had he not made the move he would’ve sat the bench and never been looked at. Southern just graduated this QB so it was fitting to go to a high profile school like that. Not recruiting. Oh and the QB who started over him isn’t going anywhere big. As for the Garcia’s and tillets there’s not much in shamokin to look forward to and southern district is just up the road. Again, makes sense to give your child a better opportunity. Not recruiting. As for being held back there is nothing wrong with that. It’s legal by PIAA prior to 8th grade and all schools have athletes that do it. Transfers doesn’t mean recruiting. Southerns program attracts people there no need to recruit.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

bgiant28 wrote:Due tell of these recruits please. I’d like to hear about them and PIAA allows students to be held back prior to 8th grade so even if they were held back there’s no breaking of rules there. As for not a true AA school check out their enrollment numbers. Yep they’re a true AA school. Enjoy complaint for a week and being another victim. It’s not like they haven’t heard all these false allegations before.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyi ... c.amp.html

Another article about how he adjusted to the new program. I’m sure he’s the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

HSD6FAN wrote: November 25th, 2019, 8:49 pm
bgiant28 wrote:Due tell of these recruits please. I’d like to hear about them and PIAA allows students to be held back prior to 8th grade so even if they were held back there’s no breaking of rules there. As for not a true AA school check out their enrollment numbers. Yep they’re a true AA school. Enjoy complaint for a week and being another victim. It’s not like they haven’t heard all these false allegations before.

https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolspor ... t-alabama/

Focus on the quote, “Nobody would believe I would start when I got here.”

Where did he get here from? He isn’t listed as a player on the team in 2015? I would think if he’s being recruited by Alabama, he’d be good enough to make the varsity team as a freshman.

So an elite sophomore being recruited by Alabama just happens to come into your program during his sophomore season.

Sounds funny to me. I’m sure others just happened to show up as well.

Maybe I’m wrong and they all grew up in the system and moved their way up through junior high football.

he wasn't being recruited by Alabama when he moved to SCA. He had zero offers his first year. Parents are big donors at Bama.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

billmurray wrote:
HSD6FAN wrote: November 25th, 2019, 8:49 pm

https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolspor ... t-alabama/

Focus on the quote, “Nobody would believe I would start when I got here.”

Where did he get here from? He isn’t listed as a player on the team in 2015? I would think if he’s being recruited by Alabama, he’d be good enough to make the varsity team as a freshman.

So an elite sophomore being recruited by Alabama just happens to come into your program during his sophomore season.

Sounds funny to me. I’m sure others just happened to show up as well.

Maybe I’m wrong and they all grew up in the system and moved their way up through junior high football.

he wasn't being recruited by Alabama when he moved to SCA. He had zero offers his first year. Parents are big donors at Bama.
Okay, that may be true, but I’m just proving my point about how the program benefits off of elite talent moving into the district. How many state titles do they win based off of players that have come up through the school system?

I’m sure they have a top-notched program in the off season and are well-coached, but they greatly benefit from elite players moving into the district to play football. Say what you want, but the kid in the article moved to SCA to play football, no other reason. Was he recruited...I don’t know. Do they somehow recruit players from neighboring districts...no clue. However, it seems like multiple players move in from neighboring schools.

Are they a AA school? In theory, yes. I understand how enrollment numbers work. It’s also interesting that they had 173 boys and only 144 girls last classification cycle? Coincidence? Maybe? Is there typically an imbalance of boys to girls throughout the years, I can’t tell you. Could there be more boys due to boys moving in to play football, possibly. If you have 10-15 players move in that all play football, your classification likely won’t change, but the strength of your team increases drastically.

Sometimes great teams just come along. To win multiple state titles by mercy ruling everyone, something doesn’t add up. Just something to think about.

billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Players also move out. We recently ran an interview with Jim Roth on how he built his dynasty. It’s great insight to the actual truth. They have top notch training and a system that the kids buy into with a fever pitch. Being from Berwick i know what it’s like to be accused of recruiting falsely. Face it, if you’re a Qb with D1 aspirations do you move to a run heavy, wing t based program? I’m also aware of the “holding back” theory. Fact is, Roth has an incredible system that works. Next year they’ll be 3A. We will have to wait and see what happens. Just remember this is a once in a lifetime group of players. Enjoy it. The ride comes to an end soon.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

On May 12, Berwick superintendent Wayne Brookhart suspended all football operations for two weeks while school administrators conducted an internal investigation into alleged recruiting violations.

Curry, Pennsylvania’s all-time leader in wins (446-100-5), including 395 victories during 38 seasons at Berwick, denied any wrongdoing in an interview with The Wilkes-Barre Citizens’ Voice.

“It’s not true. It never happened,” Curry told Steve Bennett of the Citizens’ Voice. “My attitude is whatever shows up on the first day of football practice I am coaching. Do I go and recruit? No.”

Although Berwick's investigation into the allegations, which included Curry's overall treatment of his players, found no conclusive evidence that he recruited anyone, Curry on May 26 submitted his letter of resignation effective at the end of the 2015 high school football season.

On June 8, the Berwick School Board vote 7-2 to open the position of head coach.

Wednesday’s hearing was necessary when principals from both Berwick and Nanticoke elected not to sign the mandatory waiver for students who transfer. The students do have the option to appeal the decision to the PIAA.

Nanticoke head coach Ron Bruza was among those who offered testimony Wednesday, with part of the hearing focused around an alleged Facebook post by one of the student-athletes that stated a Berwick coach was on his couch talking to him.

Curry and Roth, best recruiters in the state.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

There's probably some book out there on how to stop being jealous of people who are far more successful than you'll ever be. Hope a lot of you find it.

H-Having
A-Anger
T-Towards
E-Everyone
R-Reaching
S-Success
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Maybe I can borrow it from you sasquatch260 when you finish reading it.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

DCor,
Sorry little buddy. I don’t keep that type of book in my library. And I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

Just saw this stat:
Southern Columbia has beaten the #1 and #5 3A PIAA and the # 1 3A in South Carolina by the combined score of 114-0

Good luck Richland. Hoping they pull off the upset.