Cambria Heights to Heritage

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Re: Cambria Heights to Heritage

Post by CharlieConway »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:09 am I think to make scheduling easier.
Reasonable thought. Mind if we run with this?

How much do the athletic director(s) make at each school in the LHAC, ICC, WestPac, Mt., WPIAL? Just ballpark me?
Thanks!
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I'm not gonna play this game and insult your intelligence. You know where I am headed. Things could be A lot easier is all I am saying!
Thanks!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

CharlieConway wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 12:44 pm
Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:09 am I think to make scheduling easier.

How much do the athletic director(s) make at each school in the LHAC, ICC, WestPac, Mt., WPIAL? Just ballpark me?
It depends. Some WestPAC schools probably pay theirs a couple hundred dollars. Hempfield paid its AD over $100,000.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

knowitall wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 1:00 pm
CharlieConway wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 12:44 pm

It depends. Some WestPAC schools probably pay theirs a couple hundred dollars. Hempfield paid its AD over $100,000.

And I suppose I don't know nothing about nothing as I have no idea where you are headed. Other than to the WPIAL and irrelevance, that is.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I actually don’t know where you’re heading either. So let’s try this, why shouldn’t we have conferences? I actually can’t think of one good reason.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I think we could have divisions over conferences. Back 10-15 years ago there was a proposed division system to D6 I feel was a gigantic miss to not do.

Conferences are used to help scheduling out and convenience but the wide range of schools in some conferences just is not okay. We gotta get back to teams playing their class of schools
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I disagree. I think the way the WPIAL aligns it’s teams is dumb. But at least they are a big enough district to do it. District 6 is fine with the conferences it has in place.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

konjo78 wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 1:43 pm I think we could have divisions over conferences. Back 10-15 years ago there was a proposed division system to D6 I feel was a gigantic miss to not do.

Conferences are used to help scheduling out and convenience but the wide range of schools in some conferences just is not okay. We gotta get back to teams playing their class of schools
BINGO! KONJO!!!!!!!

Also, restructure districts. We have some districts out there that don't even have schools to have a playoff and they combine. Clear indication that something is wrong.

Districts should automatically merge as they move up in classification. There are less 6As than 4As. Grid systems based on classification.

Think about it. Grid it off and see what you come up with!! Play within your district and play the same class size schools!!

Who says D6 is happy Crimson? Ligonier Valley and Cambria Heights appear to not be. Oh yeah and that entire B. Carroll episode and the LHAC.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The PIAA could use some work in restructuring districts. But in the meantime, I don't think we have to blow up conferences because Ligonier and Laurel Valley merged and dominated the Heritage because of it.

So Cambria Heights is unhappy. Well wasn't West Shamokin unhappy in the WPIAL? Didn't Butler and Albert Gallatin just leave the WPIAL playing under the structure you are suggesting?

I mean, so the story is everyone is always gonna be unhappy under any set of circumstances. Individual school districts are only looking out for themselves, not the greater good of high school athletics, so I think it's hard to use them as examples.

I think the PIAA should cut 6A and move down to 5 classifications for one, but that's a different story entirely. But I think geography-based conferences make more sense in the regular season than conferences based on size. Johnstown and Westmont are neighboring school districts, one's AAAA the other is AAA. It makes more sense for me for those two to play each other and be in the same league for all sports rather than Johnstown playing Bellefonte and Westmont playing Bald Eagle.

Maybe I'm a little crazy, but that's just how I see it.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

CharlieConway wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 1:53 pm
Also, restructure districts. We have some districts out there that don't even have schools to have a playoff and they combine. Clear indication that something is wrong.

I think that's more of a consolidation issue, isn't it? The 'Something wrong" part is just Western Pennsylvania has a lot of school districts that are really small IMO.

District's 1,2,3,4,11,12 account for 80 of the 95 playing football schools in the largest classification. Districts 5,6,7,8,9,10 account for 15.

But in Single-A 71 of the 90 football playing schools are in the West, and just 19 in the East.

What's the answer as to why there are only large schools in the East and a bunch of tiny ones in the West?