Cambria Heights to Heritage

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Cambria Heights to Heritage

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Heard that the school board voted to apply to join the Heritage Conference for all sports after this next two year cycle in 2022. Good move? Bad move?? Seems like they’ve been fairly competitive in sports recently so not sure why they’d want to lose the competition besides having an easier path to playoffs. Does BC return to fill their spot?
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Cambria Heights to Heritage

Post by Colonel Mustard »

This is exactly why the LHAC should have added Ligonier Valley when they had the chance.
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CrazyTrain »

Bad move!!!

I know football is all that matters for most schools in the area, but other CH sports have been pretty competitive in the LHAC. Probably being the second smallest school in the conference. They’re holding their own in recent years against some better competition. Heck, the girls basketball team has a great shot at winning the conference and district title this year. Even the boys basketball team has a chance to get to .500 this year and make playoffs. When everyone thought they’d be in the basement after losing their top three scores. Football, Volleyball and soccer programs all made playoffs this year. I know you’re not winning titles, but the competition and challenge of it is what will make it sweeter in the end when you do go for those titles. Going to the Heritage against Single A teams would just lessen it in my view. Stay where you’re at and compete against the great competition.
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

Unless LHAC gets someone like Central or LV to apply, I imagine they will just go with a 11 team league.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’d think Bishop Carroll would make sense. I’m sure the league wants an even number.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Husker33 wrote: January 29th, 2020, 2:35 pm Unless LHAC gets someone like Central or LV to apply, I imagine they will just go with a 11 team league.
Or better yet kick Bishop Guilfoyle out and go with ten.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

I think the LHAC should add Hollidaysburg (431) or Indiana (352). (PIAA # of boys)

Before you say they are too big, why is it ok that Richland (177) or Cambria Heights (162) has to play JOHNSTOWN (302) approx 140 more boys than Richland and CH. Both Bishops are 200 boys smaller.

When in comparison Hollidaysburg is only 130 bigger than JOHNSTOWN and Indiana only 50 larger

The big schools in the LHAC have always been fine beating up the smalls now let’s see them step up and play a comparable bigger school, won’t happen!
cleaverstuart
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by cleaverstuart »

Things could get interesting here in the next few years with Blairsville-Saltsburg more likely to happen than before.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

BC is still in the LHAC for all sports other than football, right? Just asking. I don't always follow, or even care, about all these teams jumping around.
It ain't over until it's over.
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

reugenev wrote: January 29th, 2020, 6:37 pm I think the LHAC should add Hollidaysburg (431) or Indiana (352). (PIAA # of boys)

Before you say they are too big, why is it ok that Richland (177) or Cambria Heights (162) has to play JOHNSTOWN (302) approx 140 more boys than Richland and CH. Both Bishops are 200 boys smaller.

When in comparison Hollidaysburg is only 130 bigger than JOHNSTOWN and Indiana only 50 larger

The big schools in the LHAC have always been fine beating up the smalls now let’s see them step up and play a comparable bigger school, won’t happen!
No dog in this fight, but I was a bit taken aback by the statement "only 130 bigger than Johnstown". Johnstown is the largest school in the LHAC to begin with, and 130 bigger than Johnstown means probably close to 200 larger than the average (just guessing) LHAC school. Heck, I'd be willing to bet that just the difference of 130 alone is close to the actual SIZE of many LHAC school classes. So, in my humble opinion, Hollidaysburg and Indiana both have no business being in the LHAC. And I just don't see your argument that LHAC schools beat up on smaller schools. I think the LHAC is pretty fairly balanced as far as size go.