2020 LV schedule....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by CoffinCorner »

More disappointing to see Cambria Heights go than that LV did not join the LHAC.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Colonel Mustard wrote: February 6th, 2020, 8:24 am Maybe end of story for LV. BG has won several state championships since 2015, and in a supposedly down year in the LHAC, Richland, BG, and Chestnut Ridge won district titles.
Bedford too.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Wasn't Central-Martinsburg once part of the LHAC. So let me get this straight,

LV
Central-Martinsburg (If I am remembering they were in at one point? Correct?)
and now, Cambria Heights

Are the most recent teams to leave, what was their reasoning?

I heard so many rumors over the years, just wanna get my facts straight.
Thanks!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Central likely left because they realized they weren't a good fit. The question with them is why they joined in the first place. Ligonier Valley, Chestnut Ridge, Northern Cambria and now Cambria Heights just felt they couldn't compete. Each put its tail between its legs and fled to greener pastures. Johnstown Vo Tech folded altogether.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Central was really bad during its LHAC stint as I remember it. The Central program now and the one 15-20 years ago aren’t very similar.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I was a kid, but Bishop McCort’s 2001 team that went to the Western Final was upset by Central that year. That was a huge upset from what I remember.

Video of said game..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qylFTifk9Uk
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Colonel Mustard wrote: February 6th, 2020, 8:24 am Maybe end of story for LV. BG has won several state championships since 2015, and in a supposedly down year in the LHAC, Richland, BG, and Chestnut Ridge won district titles. But whatever.

You would think that LV may have formed some rivalries in all of their years in D6, but I guess not. You now have a built-in excuse....we play in the big bad WPIAL. Enjoy.
Just for the record, the WPIAL has won 47 state championshiships, 20 of those in AA and A. District 6 has won 4. You know, I wouldn't even be having this discussion, if it wasn't for the condescending attitudes by some of you LHAC guys towards other conferences. Just the other day, Know-nothing mocked the Heritage, because they have academic and other competitions. The LHAC folk routinely deride the level of competition in the Heritage. Now you stoop to a new low, deriding individual schools. Cambria Heights enjoy your new digs! You will enjoy it and will regain your natural rival, NC!
LV developed several rivalries in the Heritage, but they didn't belong in that conference. LV didn't have any rivalries in the LHAC, because they were the outlier in District 6. Many of you have said as much. I have read on here that Ligonier Valley wasn't in the District 6, because they were in Westmoreland County. Ligonier spent many more years in the WPIAL then they did in the LHAC. They didn't leave the WPIAL until 1970. It is going to be a a challenging, exciting venture in the Rams new digs. I will enjoy! I
Last edited by tubmill on February 6th, 2020, 2:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

knowitall wrote: February 6th, 2020, 1:04 pm Central likely left because they realized they weren't a good fit. The question with them is why they joined in the first place. Ligonier Valley, Chestnut Ridge, Northern Cambria and now Cambria Heights just felt they couldn't compete. Each put its tail between its legs and fled to greener pastures. Johnstown Vo Tech folded altogether.
Didn't Tech play in ICC before folding? I forgot all about them.

Good to know. I was under the assumption that LHAC was a Cambria County Conference, with Somerset and Bedford (county seats/chairs) adding to provide balance/even numbers. I was unaware of Northern Cambria ever being in the LHAC. How long was that tenure?

Glad I knew this before I misspoke. I thought Cambria Heights was the first Cambria County School to bounce. Only Blair County schools Central-Martinsburg (former) and Bishop Guilfoyle (current).

Ligonier is part of Westmoreland County.

So there are two Cambria County Schools out of the conference.

I guess my thoughts are, who is going to join, or who is next to go? Are any of the other schools in the LHAC looking to get out?
Thanks!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Has Somerset ever had a rival?
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

You would have thought that Somerset would have developed a rivalry, with all their years in the LHAC.