2020 LV schedule....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by knowitall »

When have I ever demeaned the Heritage Conference? Or the WestPAC? Now, I have admittedly demeaned a few Ligonier Valley fans on this site.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The only reason I mentioned the LHAC was because I thought that LV would be a good fit. Then you made the stupid statement that they never considered the LHAC because they were looking for better competition. So I defended. You can't compare the LHAC with the other local conferences, just like you can't compare the overall WPIAL with the LHAC.

As to you being afraid to go to Johnstown........
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

knowitall wrote: February 7th, 2020, 1:06 pm When have I ever demeaned the Heritage Conference? Or the WestPAC? Now, I have admittedly demeaned a few Ligonier Valley fans on this site.
You just mocked the Heritage a week or so ago. You have often denigrated the conference's level of competition when trying to mock Ligonier Valley.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

tubmill wrote: February 5th, 2020, 3:14 pm
knowitall wrote: February 5th, 2020, 8:55 am Since Ligonier Valley put its tail between its legs and fled the LHAC years ago and then saw its football seasons end two years in a row to Richland I doubt very much that they were interested in returning. It will eventually fade into obscurity in the WPIAL with the Fraziers, Youghs and Geibels.
Knowitall, I agree that they left the LHAC because they couldn't win. However, in the past four seasons LV is 2 and 2 with your vaunted LHAC in the district 6 championship. Maybe they will and maybe they won't fade into obscurity in the WPIAL! Whatever happens, they are willing to face better competition than there is in the Laurel Highlands. The bottom line is that your opinion means absolutely nothing concerning what the Ligonier Valley School Board does with their athletic program!
Colonel Mustard, here is what I said about playing better competition in the WPIAL. I said that we were WILLING to play better competition. Nowhere in this thread did I say that Ligonier declined joining the LHAC to seek better competition. I said that when Ridge joined LV declined the invitation. I then said that this time around the LHAC wasn't considered. As far as me being afraid to go to Johnstown...........the city is now ranked as the #7 most dangerous city in Pennsylvania. There is not a week that goes by that some kind of shooting or violent crime takes
place in the city...not exactly a place to take a stroll. I was born in Lee Hospital and grew up loving Johnstown. Living in Seward, we did all of our shopping in the city. It was a bustling downtown with lots of people. There were no malls. Eventually there was the Bell Air Plaza and later the Westwood plaza. Both hurt the downtown. After the flood, Johnstown began there decent I to what it is today, an unsafe s##thole. That makes me sad!
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Just keep making stuff up tubs.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

I don't make stuff up! I said that Johnstown is the seventh most dangerous city in Pennsylvania. Here you go:

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/newtown- ... 0-rankings
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Thank you tubmill. Keep up the good research.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I do have to question your judgment if you feel safer in Philadelphia as opposed to Johnstown, however.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

When was the last time you were in Philadelphia? I have been through all sections of Philadelphia and outskirts in the last few years (Center City, Fishtown, South Street, Broad Street, Chester, Camden, Manayunk, Wilmington, Temple, Drexel, 30th Street Station, South Philly, Southwest Philly, I can go on...) and I find it to have a much, much, much safer feel to it than downtown Johnstown has to it.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to wonder around Chester or Camden at 3 in the morning but I don't really ever have the intentions to wonder around anywhere at 3 in the morning. I don't think many would want to wonder around Johnstown after dark either. Most people try to avoid Northeast Philly but it is also a city has 6,000,000+ residents in its metropolitan area, a bad area or two is nothing in comparison to Johnstown as a whole.

Unlike Johnstown almost every part of Philadelphia has safe activities and beautiful parks/attractions to visit.

I frequent almost all of the east coast cities and Pittsburgh and I would actually rate Philadelphia quite high on the list of how safe I feel throughout the city.