10/17 at Summit Academy (12:30 PM)
10/23 Shadyside Academy
10/30 at Apollo Ridge
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Wish they could find a more challenging scrimmage.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Enzo, Berlin usually has a strong team.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

I concur with tubmill on berlin being a strong team
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Didn’t I read somewhere that Aliquippa has wanted to scrimmage them?

How can Ligonier move to the WPIAL and be scheduled to play Indiana but not Derry which is right next door? Or Greensburg-Salem?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The WPIAL's scheduling and conference alignment process is pretty bad. Some want District 6 to adopt it though.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 4th, 2020, 8:21 am The WPIAL's scheduling and conference alignment process is pretty bad. Some want District 6 to adopt it though.
I just think there is some corruption to some of the scheduling. Some conferences have made it really tough on others and forced teams out. Some schools should be in other conferences, etc.

I think too much power is in the hands of athletic directors, some are just bad seeds. Not kidding.

Its like a boys clubhouse, they let some in and don't let in others for various reasons.

Thats my issue.

I think if they had "stricter guidelines" or a system to follow, they would quit with the popularity contests.

It looks like a dang Middle School lunchroom!! You can sit at my table, and no you can't.

Sometimes the teacher needs to set the parameters/expectations/guidelines to increase fairness.
Thanks!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Does anyone know if the conferences have every considered contracts with its members?

For instance the LHAC and its members agree to a 5 year contract at $25,000 a year buyout. So if a school wanted to jump ship on the conference after year 1. They would owe the LHAC $100,000 to buyout of the conference. Or on the flipside if the LHAC wanted to out a school they would have to compensate the district they are outing financially. This would help offset the increased cost of scheduling and travel for both the conference and districts.

Without a financial piece, there really isn’t anything incentivizing these schools and conferences to be loyal to each other.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

abpk2903 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 11:38 am Does anyone know if the conferences have every considered contracts with its members?

For instance the LHAC and its members agree to a 5 year contract at $25,000 a year buyout. So if a school wanted to jump ship on the conference after year 1. They would owe the LHAC $100,000 to buyout of the conference. Or on the flipside if the LHAC wanted to out a school they would have to compensate the district they are outing financially. This would help offset the increased cost of scheduling and travel for both the conference and districts.

Without a financial piece, there really isn’t anything incentivizing these schools and conferences to be loyal to each other.
Good point!
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think that's a bad idea either. Every school is generally only looking out for themselves.