2020 LV schedule....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by knowitall »

The original LHAC was established in 1989 with Richland, Westmont, Johnstown Vo-Tech, Forest Hills, Central Cambria, Penn Cambria, Cambria Heights, Northern Cambria, Somerset and Ligonier Valley as its member schools. Bedford and Chestnut Ridge were added for football only at some point. Northern Cambria was the first to bolt. Bedford at some point joined in all other sports. Bishop McCort, Central, Greater Johnstown, Bishop Guilfoyle and Bishop Carroll were all added. Chestnut Ridge left and came back. I don't remember if Vo Tech ever played in the ICC or not.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

If you don’t have a rivalry in the LHAC, I think you automatically adopt Bishop McCort as your rival.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

knowitall wrote: February 6th, 2020, 2:24 pm The original LHAC was established in 1989 with Richland, Westmont, Johnstown Vo-Tech, Forest Hills, Central Cambria, Penn Cambria, Cambria Heights, Northern Cambria, Somerset and Ligonier Valley as its member schools. Bedford and Chestnut Ridge were added for football only at some point. Northern Cambria was the first to bolt. Bedford at some point joined in all other sports. Bishop McCort, Central, Greater Johnstown, Bishop Guilfoyle and Bishop Carroll were all added. Chestnut Ridge left and came back. I don't remember if Vo Tech ever played in the ICC or not.
Thank you!! I learned a lot today!
Thanks!
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Johnstown Vo-Tech played one year in the ICC before folding. I'm not even sure they won a single game that season.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

CharlieConway wrote: February 6th, 2020, 2:12 pm
knowitall wrote: February 6th, 2020, 1:04 pm Central likely left because they realized they weren't a good fit. The question with them is why they joined in the first place. Ligonier Valley, Chestnut Ridge, Northern Cambria and now Cambria Heights just felt they couldn't compete. Each put its tail between its legs and fled to greener pastures. Johnstown Vo Tech folded altogether.
Didn't Tech play in ICC before folding? I forgot all about them.

Good to know. I was under the assumption that LHAC was a Cambria County Conference, with Somerset and Bedford (county seats/chairs) adding to provide balance/even numbers. I was unaware of Northern Cambria ever being in the LHAC. How long was that tenure?

Glad I knew this before I misspoke. I thought Cambria Heights was the first Cambria County School to bounce. Only Blair County schools Central-Martinsburg (former) and Bishop Guilfoyle (current).

Ligonier is part of Westmoreland County.

So there are two Cambria County Schools out of the conference.

I guess my thoughts are, who is going to join, or who is next to go? Are any of the other schools in the LHAC looking to get out?
For the Northern Cambria part, I think their last year was 1992. In 1993, the LHAC split into two sections and NC was not a part of that. The LHAC had a conference championship game too in 1993 which, ironically, was Forest Hills against Heights.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Correct about 1992 being NC’s last year in the LHAC. They came to the Appalachian Conf from the LHAC and were going to “dominate”. Well, they won week 1 on the road against Penns Manor in 1993 41-9. They didn’t fair so well week 2 against Jerry Page’s Laurel Valley Rams. LV marched into the Colt Corral and blasted them 38-0! So here we are 26 seasons later and NC never won the Appalachian or the Heritage. BTW, Ligonier Valley is 5-2 in the last 4 years against AA LHAC teams with 4 mercy games. All in the playoffs. Their only losses are in the D6 AA title game against Richland. So I believe LV would've been just fine in the BIG BAD LHAC in this last cycle. I’m not sure why you guys think the LHAC is so superior to the other local conferences.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The LHAC is better from top to bottom, but the very best teams from the Heritage are on par.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

DCor50 wrote: February 7th, 2020, 9:33 am Correct about 1992 being NC’s last year in the LHAC. They came to the Appalachian Conf from the LHAC and were going to “dominate”. Well, they won week 1 on the road against Penns Manor in 1993 41-9. They didn’t fair so well week 2 against Jerry Page’s Laurel Valley Rams. LV marched into the Colt Corral and blasted them 38-0! So here we are 26 seasons later and NC never won the Appalachian or the Heritage. BTW, Ligonier Valley is 5-2 in the last 4 years against AA LHAC teams with 4 mercy games. All in the playoffs. Their only losses are in the D6 AA title game against Richland. So I believe LV would've been just fine in the BIG BAD LHAC in this last cycle. I’m not sure why you guys think the LHAC is so superior to the other local conferences.
I'm not sure anyone has said the LHAC is superior. It has been rather mediocre of late. But when the going got tough once upon a time, Ligonier Valley was only too happy to go wee wee wee all the way home.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

DCor50 wrote: February 7th, 2020, 9:33 am Correct about 1992 being NC’s last year in the LHAC. They came to the Appalachian Conf from the LHAC and were going to “dominate”. Well, they won week 1 on the road against Penns Manor in 1993 41-9. They didn’t fair so well week 2 against Jerry Page’s Laurel Valley Rams. LV marched into the Colt Corral and blasted them 38-0! So here we are 26 seasons later and NC never won the Appalachian or the Heritage. BTW, Ligonier Valley is 5-2 in the last 4 years against AA LHAC teams with 4 mercy games. All in the playoffs. Their only losses are in the D6 AA title game against Richland. So I believe LV would've been just fine in the BIG BAD LHAC in this last cycle. I’m not sure why you guys think the LHAC is so superior to the other local conferences.
Spot on, DCor50!
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

knowitall wrote: February 7th, 2020, 10:08 am
I'm not sure anyone has said the LHAC is superior. It has been rather mediocre of late. But when the going got tough once upon a time, Ligonier Valley was only too happy to go wee wee wee all the way home.
You have got to be kidding me. The LHAC guys have consistently demeaned the Heritage. Especially you. I believe that Ligonier made the right move to move to the WPIAL. Cambria Heights will love their new conference!