2020 LV schedule....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by stownJohn »

The City of Johnstown has a boatload of problems but the one that doesn’t get talked about much in the local media is the large number of Philly transplants who now reside in JTown. Very few of these new residents are there to contribute to the City, in fact most are there to simply increase the crime rate and to get cheap rent. Seriously, there is zero reason for any ambitious person of good character to move to the City of Johnstown unless of course they are just nostalgic natives.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by abpk2903 »

I can’t speak of Philadelphia 25 years ago because I was 5 years old. If you would ask the majority of people today if they would rather raise a family in the greater Philadelphia area or the greater Johnstown area, I’m willing to bet the vast majority would choose Philly.

Great schools, beautiful neighborhoods, lots of things to do, and most important plenty of jobs in a variety of industries.

Unless you were born, raised, and have family/friends roots in Johnstown, there is literally not one thing to attract someone to that area other than lower cost rent (which isn’t a good thing).