New LHAC member....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 364
Joined: October 25th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Colonel Mustard » February 28th, 2020, 11:12 am

So a public school that has to potentially play 6 games each season (in basketball) against private schools should just take their lumps and shut-up. And you are totally devaluing an LHAC title. I'm not saying all 10 schools in the LHAC have legit gripes, just that some may be a little fed-up. Particularly those that are regularly losing kids to said privates, or are tired of the privates using hand-picked refs, or are tired of paying entry fees for junior high games at private schools.....

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10797
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Crimson's Ghost » February 28th, 2020, 12:33 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 10:40 am
Crimson's Ghost wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 10:21 am
I don’t care how the PIAA handles its playoffs. If they want to go to a multiplier system or keep it how it is, that’s fine. But to read the 10 public schools in the LHAC are tired of dealing with Bishop McCort and Bishop Guilfoyle is very laughable.
So they have no reason to gripe?
I can’t see one reason why they should.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10797
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Crimson's Ghost » February 28th, 2020, 12:34 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:12 am
So a public school that has to potentially play 6 games each season (in basketball) against private schools should just take their lumps and shut-up. And you are totally devaluing an LHAC title. I'm not saying all 10 schools in the LHAC have legit gripes, just that some may be a little fed-up. Particularly those that are regularly losing kids to said privates, or are tired of the privates using hand-picked refs, or are tired of paying entry fees for junior high games at private schools.....

Pretty sure Penn Cambria was collecting a gate at a junior high game I was at earlier this year. Is everyone fed up with them too? And the refs were a grandparent of a kid on the team and a teacher in the PC school district.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10797
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Crimson's Ghost » February 28th, 2020, 1:25 pm

CharlieConway wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:00 am
Crimson's Ghost wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 10:21 am
I don’t care how the PIAA handles its playoffs. If they want to go to a multiplier system or keep it how it is, that’s fine. But to read the 10 public schools in the LHAC are tired of dealing with Bishop McCort and Bishop Guilfoyle is very laughable.
You left one out.
The league tried to leave them out too.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3603
Joined: December 7th, 2004, 2:36 pm
Contact:

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by abpk2903 » February 28th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:12 am
So a public school that has to potentially play 6 games each season (in basketball) against private schools should just take their lumps and shut-up. And you are totally devaluing an LHAC title. I'm not saying all 10 schools in the LHAC have legit gripes, just that some may be a little fed-up. Particularly those that are regularly losing kids to said privates, or are tired of the privates using hand-picked refs, or are tired of paying entry fees for junior high games at private schools.....
Plus if you do happen to beat them, it really doesn't help you in the standings because you only receive A or AA points.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10797
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Crimson's Ghost » February 28th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Maybe I’m just looking at it from a coach’s perspective, and I would think most coaches value good competition during the regular season, though I’m sure some like padding wins. But if I was a coach in the LHAC, I would want the league to have as many good teams as possible.

I’d rather have more games with a packed house with McCort coming to town then an ordinary game if I were a coach.

CharlieConway
Senior
Senior
Posts: 182
Joined: November 17th, 2017, 12:43 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by CharlieConway » February 28th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Maybe I’m just looking at it from a coach’s perspective, and I would think most coaches value good competition during the regular season, though I’m sure some like padding wins. But if I was a coach in the LHAC, I would want the league to have as many good teams as possible.

I’d rather have more games with a packed house with McCort coming to town then an ordinary game if I were a coach.
When you get tuned up by 25 for a majority of the LHAC schedule. Yeah, you may be playoff ready. But the house ain't packed. You're on the road.
Thanks!

Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 364
Joined: October 25th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Colonel Mustard » February 28th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 12:34 pm
Colonel Mustard wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:12 am
So a public school that has to potentially play 6 games each season (in basketball) against private schools should just take their lumps and shut-up. And you are totally devaluing an LHAC title. I'm not saying all 10 schools in the LHAC have legit gripes, just that some may be a little fed-up. Particularly those that are regularly losing kids to said privates, or are tired of the privates using hand-picked refs, or are tired of paying entry fees for junior high games at private schools.....

Pretty sure Penn Cambria was collecting a gate at a junior high game I was at earlier this year. Is everyone fed up with them too? And the refs were a grandparent of a kid on the team and a teacher in the PC school district.
Are you sure you weren't at BC, and that Bob Gongloff and wife were the refs? I've been to JH football and bball games at PC, and they didn't charge at either. Maybe they just charge private school fans. Again, my point was that some teams might have an issue playing the privates, not all.
I generally like the competition in the league. But think about the bottom half public school that has a really good team once every 10 or 15 years, but gets bounced from a LHAC title by a private that boosted their line-up with a 6'4" kid from state college or some sharp shooting sisters from Homer Center, or a couple of 280lb lineman from the local public schools. It kind of sucks.

User avatar
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 4442
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 1:49 pm

New LHAC member....

Post by DragonsDoExist » February 28th, 2020, 7:00 pm

.
You play to win the game!!!

hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 372
Joined: November 23rd, 2008, 12:16 am

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by hornets69 » March 2nd, 2020, 10:44 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 12:45 am
If a school like Williamsburg has a gripe when it comes to the postseason, I get it. When the ten LHAC public schools are worried about playing the three private schools in the LHAC during the regular season, I....don’t get it.
Interesting.

Post Reply