New LHAC member....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: New LHAC member....

Post by Colonel Mustard »

If you look at the LHAC championships in football, basketball, volleyball and even baseball, over the past 15-20 years, there are a disproportionate number of Bishops in there. If you don't think that some schools resent how easily the privates re-load from year to year, your the cooling yourself.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I agree, I have no doubt there are resentful people in high school athletics all across the country.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 27th, 2020, 7:07 pm I agree, I have no doubt there are resentful people in high school athletics all across the country.
People resent the private schools because the private school fans pretend that they have no advantage over any other school. They’re playing “by the rules” sure, but don’t act like it doesn’t help. Instead it’s a, “well we are better coached, harder working, and more disciplined than every one else and that’s why we win” mentality.

Williamsburg is a tiny little town of 1,200 people and played a private school in a town of 3,100 where half the kids live outside of that 3,100 town. How are they remotely the same thing?? I don’t want separate playoffs but no private school has any business being in A or AA.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

If a school like Williamsburg has a gripe when it comes to the postseason, I get it. When the ten LHAC public schools are worried about playing the three private schools in the LHAC during the regular season, I....don’t get it.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

No, a Johnstown or CC or Somerset shouldn’t worry about it. But Penns Manor vs BG? Williamsburg or Blacklick vs BC?
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I don't understand the PIAA's reluctance to change how a non-bordered school is classified. A school without borders should never be able to play lower than AAA in 6A system. I also feel that they shouldn't be able to play lower than two classes down from the school district they reside in.

So for instance BG who sits in Altoona school district, should have to play AAAA. Bishop Carrol and Bishop McCort could play in AAA.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 28th, 2020, 12:45 am If a school like Williamsburg has a gripe when it comes to the postseason, I get it. When the ten LHAC public schools are worried about playing the three private schools in the LHAC during the regular season, I....don’t get it.

Acknowledging that the privates should be playing AAA or AAAA in the playoffs is a big step.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I don’t care how the PIAA handles its playoffs. If they want to go to a multiplier system or keep it how it is, that’s fine. But to read the 10 public schools in the LHAC are tired of dealing with Bishop McCort and Bishop Guilfoyle is very laughable.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 28th, 2020, 10:21 am I don’t care how the PIAA handles its playoffs. If they want to go to a multiplier system or keep it how it is, that’s fine. But to read the 10 public schools in the LHAC are tired of dealing with Bishop McCort and Bishop Guilfoyle is very laughable.
So they have no reason to gripe?
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: February 28th, 2020, 10:21 am I don’t care how the PIAA handles its playoffs. If they want to go to a multiplier system or keep it how it is, that’s fine. But to read the 10 public schools in the LHAC are tired of dealing with Bishop McCort and Bishop Guilfoyle is very laughable.
You left one out.
Thanks!