Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by footballfan1 »

Schools will look different this fall academically. Possible students staying in one room all day; half-day rotations; smaller class sizes. With the emphasis on limiting student and teacher contact and staff, I am curious to see how the guidelines will be set for game night. Limited fans? Concession stands closed? Band? Cheerleader participation? Will officials be wearing masks? Every few minutes a hand sanitizer timeout? Will games somehow be televised and have fans watch the games at the school in classrooms? That is a scenario for basketball that worries me also. The limited fan base and potential of fans having to watch games from classrooms with someone videoing the game. Only one relative allowed entering the gym per athlete? So many unknowns and I am curious, like so many others, to read how the PIAA outlines how a game night will be allowed to function. I am also curious to see how local schools are going to establish their educational setting.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Limited Fans?? I’m thinking no fans.

Also players spread out around the whole field.
Ok State, Bama, and Ohio State return to workouts and already had multiple players test positive.

I’m even shocked they are going to play to be honest.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Got a survey from Penn State athletics yesterday asking me about 50 questions regarding my willingness to attend games, what parts of the gameday experience I am willing to go with or without, and what expectations I would have for other stadium personnel and fans to feel comfortable going. Makes me believe they are making an effort to get people into Beaver Stadium.

Personally, I indicated I would be willing to attend any game at full capacity without any PPE.

It's time we move on with out lives and understand that being born a human comes with the risk of illness and eventual death.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Well put! BTW, It's all about the fans bringing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$into the stadium with tix, concessions, souvenirs. Ca$H cow.
It ain't over until it's over.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

abpk2903 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:28 pm Got a survey from Penn State athletics yesterday asking me about 50 questions regarding my willingness to attend games, what parts of the gameday experience I am willing to go with or without, and what expectations I would have for other stadium personnel and fans to feel comfortable going. Makes me believe they are making an effort to get people into Beaver Stadium.

Personally, I indicated I would be willing to attend any game at full capacity without any PPE.

It's time we move on with out lives and understand that being born a human comes with the risk of illness and eventual death.
Its Easy to say that when nobody close to you have died or gotten severely sick. Like I Said earlier, these schools and programs have a obligation to keep people safe with what is going on. If they don't follow guidelines they can be sued.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

With all due respect to those that have had the virus or know of somebody that has or even died from it, I am firmly in the camp that it is time to go - now. I am not necessarily saying this in regards to sports, although I am ready for them to go as well, but just society in general. It is time to open up. If somebody is afraid or worried about the virus, I respect that, but just don't go out, or go out with a mask. However, if I am willing to go out and expose myself and family to this virus, don't restrict or limit me. Honestly, I would rather die from the virus living like we used to rather than continue to live in this "new" normal, which isn't living at all. My chances of dying from the virus are no greater than dying while driving to Philadelphia on the PA turnpike.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's always the tail wants to wag the dog. Just as most folks don't riot, loot, pillage and burn.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Agreed. Most people just peacefully protest.
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

abpk2903 wrote:Got a survey from Penn State athletics yesterday asking me about 50 questions regarding my willingness to attend games, what parts of the gameday experience I am willing to go with or without, and what expectations I would have for other stadium personnel and fans to feel comfortable going. Makes me believe they are making an effort to get people into Beaver Stadium.

I got the same type of survey from Ticketmaster and answered the same way you did. Let’s move on. Next the murder hornets are going to be after us and we won’t be allowed to leave our homes unless we’re dressed in full bee keeper suits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

Where does the line get drawn? You cannot ask every large venue to guarantee that no one will ever get infected at their events forever. They cannot test every attendee prior to every event.
So where does the line get drawn? No events ever? Do they severely limit crowd sizes?
I only have an opinion....that means nothing to anybody but me...but at some point those that are willing to take the risk should be allowed to do so.
Personality liberty and individual accountability should come into play at some point.
This entire situation stinks, but think about this...if you did not hear about this several times a day for months, how would your life have been affected?