Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by konjo78 »

Colonel Mustard wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:02 pm
konjo78 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 10:50 am "I Never once said COVID is a goverment farce"

Spends 3 paragraphs explaining why you believe exactly that.....

The main reason why said death rate is low is because people actually acted appropiately to it. We had stay at home orders and social distancing which allowed for hospitals not to get over run and most extreme cases were able to get the treatment they need in ICUs. But if we didnt social distance, or have stay at home orders the amount of infected would of been exponentially higher and hospitals would of ran out of space causing higher amounts of deaths.....

Like i said its amazing how people use positive results of the stay at home orders as "proof" it wasnt needed.... Like the whole reason numbers arent higher is because of it.
Did you miss the massive nationwide protests, looting, and violence? Not much social distancing/stay-at-home there. Shouldn't we be hearing about protesters dropping dead at a high rate by now? It's hard to take these new second wave hysteria threats seriously after seeing that.
I did see that and wasnt happy that was going on. It definitely helped start the rise of cases in areas too. As to why they havent "dropped dead" you dont just die from covid after 1-2 weeks of having it always... Usually its a long drawn out battle.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Houston Children’s hospital admitting adult patients due to a spike in cases.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Friend of a friend got Covid in Houston area. Healthy in 20s. Said the pain and aches is so bad in the morning that he cant see. Pain lessens as the day goes on. Hes dealing with it now so hopefully he can shake it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Jimjohn81 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:38 pm Friend of a friend got Covid in Houston area. Healthy in 20s. Said the pain and aches is so bad in the morning that he cant see. Pain lessens as the day goes on. Hes dealing with it now so hopefully he can shake it.
I hope he recovers fully! More and more cases are becoming like this.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Even more and more cases, if they can be called that, have little or no symptoms and it passes just like the influenza that has mysteriously disappeared since February. My glass is half full, not half empty like the chicken little believers. And I likely qualify as one of the "at risk" group, for several reasons. I choose. Get it? I CHOOSE! I don't jump into lockstep with those supposed to be looking out for all our welfare and playing a guessing game, only to revise their estimates and change what is fed as gospel one week and changed the next.
Last edited by Manfred on June 23rd, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't over until it's over.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

So, judging by the fact that fans on a sports board cannot even agree on basic facts let alone the actual decision-makers who have to weigh many other factors, the outlook for most fall sports looks pretty bleak.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

You nailed it. Don't hold yer breath.
It ain't over until it's over.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

I wish we still had the option to thumbs up or thumbs down comments!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Im guessing manfred gets upset at speed limits, wearing seat belts or any laws put in place for the health and safety of people/himself.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

So let's say there isn't a reasonable timeframe for a vaccine. Let's say this disease is like AIDS or other viruses that took decades to really get a handle on, at what point do we return to normal?

The inability for people to understand that with increased testing comes increased case numbers, just amazes me.

I also don't understand how we continue to ignore that less than 20,000 deaths have come from people under the age of 65.

Are we just figuring out now as a society that elderly are more susceptible to disease and illness?

I can tell most people on this board in favor of longer lockdowns and more regulations must not work in business. I have had grown men clients of mine call me in tears over losing their businesses. I have seen businesses that were thriving 6 months ago lay off their own children to keep the business afloat. About 20% of my clients are out of business. I just ate lunch at a local restaurant to have the server tell me that she ate her roommate's food scraps for the last 3 weeks until she finally could come back to work today. She used her last $20 to fill her gas tank on the way to work and needs to make $1,000 this week to cover her rent due 7/1. I was the only person in the restaurant.