Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

MLB will have taxi squads. There will be extra players training in an extended spring training type environment. The Pirates are using Altoona for their taxi squad home base.
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

Florida was the NBA pick due to Disney being their biggest partner, and the amount of facilities, housing, restaurants, ect. The idea that somehow they are going to be able to control personnel movement in and out of the area, seems a little wild to me. We shall see. I am not sure how any of this is going to work.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Tennessee delaying the start of its high school season.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Any state delaying the start is probably not gonna play. My thing is if the NFL & NCAAF do play there seasons. There is no reason high school shouldn't be able to play.
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: June 26th, 2020, 12:22 pm Texas governor has ordered bars to shut down again. 16 NBA players have texted positive. Pittsburgh/Allegheny County had its highest case number since April yesterday.

It’s just not getting better anytime soon.
It will all clear up probably around Nov 4 🤨
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: June 30th, 2020, 9:34 pm Any state delaying the start is probably not gonna play. My thing is if the NFL & NCAAF do play there seasons. There is no reason high school shouldn't be able to play.
Yes and no???? Pro players can isolate themselves at home when they aren't practicing/playing. Students are going to be in class potentially spreading it to other students. Quite a bit different
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The Johnstown Collegiate Baseball League is playing and MLB is not yet playing. I suppose we should soon see if any JCBL players have been infected.

If football is moved to another season will there be the same, more or fewer kids playing?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The JCBL doesn’t have many international players and the teams don’t travel by airplane I don’t think. So I’m guessing a contained league like that might not have the same chance at an outbreak.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Rec league baseball has been going for a month. Basketball and football workouts are a few weeks in. Restaurants have been open. The virus is here, its everywhere. There would surely be positive tests if everyone was tested. We've flattened the dreaded curve. Can we please just move on?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Agree we have flattened the initial curve, but IMHO the recent uptick in case #'s is due to increased testing of asymptomatic folks, not due to admission of sick folks to a hospital. This will all disappear after Nov.4, just as it disappeared for a couple weeks over George Taylor Floyd Kirby etc. A local school official has his eye on PSU- if PSU starts postponing games or delaying classes, we're all done in Pa. Big Dog leads the pack.
It ain't over until it's over.