Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It’s crazy the entire world get in on this hoax to have a pandemic before November 4th.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

I don't think anyone here is calling it a hoax, but you have to admit that the virus is absolutely being used politically by BOTH sides. During the several weeks of protests, the virus stories no longer lead the newscast - they were replaced by stories of the protests. Now that the protests have largely died down, the virus stories have moved back up the food chain.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

The mainstream media is a joke. I read/watch/listen to news reports and think “there really can’t be anyone out there dumb enough to buy into this bull.....” then I run into people in real life that do.

Some people soak this stuff in like because some “news source” reported it, it has to be true. I question the critical thinking capabilities of those people but as this thread alone shows, they are out there.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: July 1st, 2020, 7:30 am The JCBL doesn’t have many international players and the teams don’t travel by airplane I don’t think. So I’m guessing a contained league like that might not have the same chance at an outbreak.
No, but it does have a number of players from Westmoreland County and its numbers are going up.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

From today’s Tribune Review:

Shaler football coach, Jim Ryan, sent his team home early from workouts after learning a family friend of a player COULD have contracted Covid-19. The unidentified player wasn’t believed to have had any direct contact with the person.

Apparently just having a player who merely knows someone who might have it is enough to shut it all down.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

People say the curve is flattened but didnt I read Allegheny county is experience a sharp rise in cases?

This has little to do with poltics besides some areas of the country being stubborn and stupid. Texas and florida tried to rush open early, eased restrictions and their hospitals in a lot of areas are hitting ICU capacity. California's govenor never saw a decrease in cases but for some stupid reason they started opening up everything and now they too have seen a major spike and hospital ICUs filling up.

The school system is one of the easiest ways for a bug to make its way around a community. How many times have you seek a virus spread through a school? I really dont know if schools will be open and stay open in 2020 with how poorly the virus has been held down.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: July 1st, 2020, 7:30 am The JCBL doesn’t have many international players and the teams don’t travel by airplane I don’t think. So I’m guessing a contained league like that might not have the same chance at an outbreak.
So by this logic, the West Pac should be good to go since they don't have any international players and don't travel by airplane.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don’t know if the WestPAC is pulling out of the PIAA though.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

NFL cutting preseason games in half, according to sources. PSU AD quoted today that the NCAAF season may have to be postponned to spring....

This speaks a lot for football in college/professional level in my opinion. If the NFL is already cutting preseason games out over a month in advance because of COVID whats are the odds the whole season gets shortened/delayed/cancelled.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Well most lawmakers got what they wanted a huge surge thanks to their protests and riots. Destroy everyone's lives to try and steal November. This virus is bad enough on its own through normal life so let's let everybody out in groups of thousands to make it worse. I know this virus is no hoax at all but if anyone can't see thats why they let that stuff go without much pushback is blind.