Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Manfred »

konjo78 wrote: August 1st, 2020, 1:36 pm Manfred you just said we should be more like sweeden with covid handling.... if you take their per capita death rate per 1 million citizens (571) and attribute that to rate to the US population (328.2 mil) we would be around 187,402 covid deaths. Over 30k more than what we currently have.

Correct me if im wrong but you are one of the people who believe the US numbers are inflated. If true that would just highlight even more why the idea we need to be like sweeden is even more absurd.

You say im not saying things that are logical but its you that doesnt quite have a grasp on logical statements...

I will put it in a sports analogy for you. Saying we should be more like sweeden is like telling a defense who gives up 30 points per game to play more like a defense that is giving up 40 points a game... Its not logical or does it make sense at all
I'm tired of your left coast holier than the rest of us deplorables manner. I can not continue like this. Welcome to my 'ignore' list.
It ain't over until it's over.
cambriahunter
Freshman
Freshman

Post by cambriahunter »

I know it’s been mentioned here before, but can anyone offer an explanation for why fall sports should be cancelled after the entire Blair/Cambria county areas had a summer of baseball from little league through legion without incident? Not to mention softball and the slate of travel leagues. My son played down at Roxbury park. There were multiple pony/colt/JCBL games every night, in addition to the summer volleyball league and tennis matches. Again, since early June. No incident. I’ve also seen evidence of baseball/softball being played in the Allegheny and Westmoreland county areas. Just doesn’t make sense to me.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

...For what it's worth. From Newsweek.com July 30th. Headline: "Sweden, which never had a lockdown, sees COVID-19 cases plummet as rest of Europe suffers spike."
…Amid fears over a potential wave of the virus across Europe, new infections in Sweden, where full lockdown measures were not implemented, have declined since late June. The number of cases over the last 14 days has dropped 54%. Meanwhile other parts of Europe, including Spain, France, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands, have increases of 40% -200%. The high death toll in Sweden according to Anders Tegnell, chief of Sweden's public health agency, has been very much related to deaths in long-term care facilities.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Manfred its not holier its just base statistics and science.

If you and moldo are going to praise sweeden for "doing this right" because they never closed and completely ignore they are one of the Highest death per capitas in the world thats your own choice. If its only about a super downward trend than NY must be the state you feel handled this the absolute best
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

No one is PRAISING Sweden. But by the same token, their system has worked for them to some extent. Is it worse than what other countries have done?A large portion of their deaths are attributed to "long-term" care. Can we say that about some of OUR states? Are most of the deaths in Texas in old-age homes? Let's face it. You can do AMAZING things with statistics. You can take any stat and make it seem good or bad, based on your point of view. Just don't try to FORCE your opinions on others, based on YOUR point of view. You'll get an argument every time.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Someone here said sweden was doing things right... I think everyone here is of the belief death are bad. If you dont agree with that then i dont think there is any arguments about your actuals then you are just a pretty bad person....

Im simply pointing out that sweden has a really bad death per capita and thats actually bad...because death = bad. If you are upset because of that then you should look yourself in then mirror and question why do you think deaths arent bad.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Moldo and manfred out here getting upset because I am using a stat about people ACTUALLY DYING to show why the ideas they try to push are bad. I cant imagine living in a world where i want to defend a higher death rate, but i guess to some being right is more important than life and logic
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Manfred wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:31 am Sweden had it right from the beginning.
Moldo you said no one is praising sweden???? Really?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Who's upset? Plain stats don't always mean a thing without some kind of explanation. If a great portion of a country's deaths are old people with compromised health situations living in nursing homes, that's a lot different than young healthy people contracting the virus. Death's aren't always the biggest factor in why we are fighting this disease. Stating that Sweden had it right isn't praising. It's just an opinion. Konjo, your bashing of Sweden's way of handling the pandemic is just YOUR opinion. If more Union soldiers than Confederates died in the Civil War, does that mean the Union lost the war? It's how things turn out in the end. Let's see how this virus ends.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Wow this thread which had great info really has gone down the toilet.