Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by El-Moldo »

Death is death. konjo is placing too much emphasis on number of virus deaths in other countries. How about total number of cases, length of stays in hospitals, those left with permanent diabilities? Your fixation on number of deaths in each country as the be all end all is one-sided. Your thinking on this matter is just too narrow. And like any war, the side with the most deaths isn't always the loser.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

El-Moldo wrote: August 4th, 2020, 10:51 pm Death is death. konjo is placing too much emphasis on number of virus deaths in other countries. How about total number of cases, length of stays in hospitals, those left with permanent diabilities? Your fixation on number of deaths in each country as the be all end all is one-sided. Your thinking on this matter is just too narrow. And like any war, the side with the most deaths isn't always the loser.
One second you are out here saying all the numbers are fake, this isnt a real threat its all made up media stupidity....

Fine we will now play this your way bringing in just "confirmed cases" because deaths arent everything.

Germany only has 2.5k cases confirmed per 1million people. Swedem has 8k.

South Korea has 283 confirmed cases per 1 million people compared to swedens 8k....

I think its pretty clear which countries here we could learn from and which ones we should not replicate. If you really did the research on this topic, something you FH twins have not done, you wouldnt be blathering nonsense 24/7 like you do. People like you guys are the reason we are having this problem across the country still
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Uniontown cancelled Football.. So i expect it to start.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

UConn just became the 1st abs school to cancel football for the Fall.. Hopefully this doesn't start the snowball
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

UConn is an independent. They simply don’t have anyone to play with everyone going conference only.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:57 am UConn is an independent. They simply don’t have anyone to play with everyone going conference only.
I know that, but the fact that they cancelled when people said when FBS schools start to cancel I will worry. Rutgers is said to be on the verge of cancelling. The excuse will be there not very good, but fact is if they cancel Big Ten will be SOL with the release of their schedule.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

If ND didn't make their deal with the ACC they would be in big time trouble right now as far as finding games. Rutgers is in bad shape, 28 staff and players currently infected I believe, but they still have time. It's conceivable that Rutgers could cancel fall sports and the Big 10 would keep playing as no one is near those types of infections.

Keep an eye on what ARMY does. 4 of their 12 games have been cancelled. If the MAC closes shop they'll lose 3 more games.

I look for the Power 5 and even leagues like the AAC, Conf USA, Sun Belt, and MAC to plow forward.

There is so much Money involved here it would have to get really bad financially for these leagues to fold. D3, D2, The IVY and Patriot don't make any significant money from football so the choice isn't nearly as difficult. Time will tell.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I had a good link, but the media shut it down already.
It ain't over until it's over.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

PAgridder2011 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:15 pm If ND didn't make their deal with the ACC they would be in big time trouble right now as far as finding games. Rutgers is in bad shape, 28 staff and players currently infected I believe, but they still have time. It's conceivable that Rutgers could cancel fall sports and the Big 10 would keep playing as no one is near those types of infections.

Keep an eye on what ARMY does. 4 of their 12 games have been cancelled. If the MAC closes shop they'll lose 3 more games.

I look for the Power 5 and even leagues like the AAC, Conf USA, Sun Belt, and MAC to plow forward.

There is so much Money involved here it would have to get really bad financially for these leagues to fold. D3, D2, The IVY and Patriot don't make any significant money from football so the choice isn't nearly as difficult. Time will tell.
I don't.. Rutgers had 28 positive tests this week and had to shut down. The Big Ten athletes sent a letter that they want protect. Pac- 12 players are ready to sit out if their demands aren't meant, and now Colorado State is under investigation for how they are ignoring protocols..

This is a mess.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: August 5th, 2020, 5:20 pm I had a good link, but the media shut it down already.
The jack boots from the Mid Penn conference must have gotten to them. This conspiracy just keeps getting deeper.