Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
HSD6FAN
Senior
Senior
Posts: 150
Joined: September 19th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by HSD6FAN » August 11th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Unfortunately this is same ripple effect that took place in the spring.

First small colleges cancelled their seasons. Then the bigger programs shut down. High school sports will have no choice but to follow suit. I don’t agree with it, but I don’t know how they will move forward with all of the negative pressure.

The NFL is biding time as well.

The worst part about all of this is in high school and college is that adults keep giving hope to the athletes they will play only to rip it away right before it starts. Many athletes will be fighting depression.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 629
Joined: July 18th, 2015, 11:47 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Goldeneagles12 » August 11th, 2020, 5:22 pm

In the spring this whole thing was new. It sucked but no one knew what it was gonna be like. With the results of quarantine and no sports and everything else mental health issues have gone through the roof. Now I could be wrong but this could help the fight for high school. Cause this takes away one more avenue for people to cope with what is going on. The college coaches might rally and help fight for high school knowing the effects it can have on the athletes mentally. Look i dont want anyone to die or nothing like that but I think they should at least try and if it gets out of hands shut it down.

cambriahunter
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 6
Joined: June 19th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by cambriahunter » August 11th, 2020, 5:38 pm

No one is dying. Check out the PA Dept of Health for proof. This is now a political issue. There will be no more sports any time soon. I’ve already told my kids the same. It’s over.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 4414
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Fall Sports

Post by konjo78 » August 11th, 2020, 5:57 pm

cambriahunter wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 5:38 pm
No one is dying. Check out the PA Dept of Health for proof. This is now a political issue. There will be no more sports any time soon. I’ve already told my kids the same. It’s over.
160k people dead is no one? July itself saw an uptic in deaths than the previous months. PA is seeing a decline, but we can all look from texas, arizona, fl, georgia, and especially cali opening things up too soon lead to higher spikes than even april and their largest death counts.

This isnt political, the only ones making it are tend to be the ones who have their eyes shut

cambriahunter
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 6
Joined: June 19th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by cambriahunter » August 11th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Kongo - check out the death by age chart from the CDC.gov website. Mortality drops every week since mid April (and remains flat/almost 0 for all ages under 45). But I’m tired of debating the “sky is falling” types. Good luck with your paranoia. Here’s the link:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #AgeAndSex



The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
FDR

OutOfTheLoop
Junior
Junior
Posts: 122
Joined: March 15th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by OutOfTheLoop » August 11th, 2020, 6:10 pm

cambriahunter wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 5:38 pm
No one is dying. Check out the PA Dept of Health for proof. This is now a political issue. There will be no more sports any time soon. I’ve already told my kids the same. It’s over.
There also is quite a bit of space between dying or not dying. There is evidence of serious long term/permanent health issues with those who contract the disease, especially with the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 5386
Joined: August 2nd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Manfred » August 11th, 2020, 6:16 pm

cambriahunter wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 6:06 pm
Kongo - check out the death by age chart from the CDC.gov website. Mortality drops every week since mid April (and remains flat/almost 0 for all ages under 45). But I’m tired of debating the “sky is falling” types. Good luck with your paranoia. Here’s the link:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #AgeAndSex



The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
FDR
. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
It ain't over until it's over.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 4414
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Fall Sports

Post by konjo78 » August 11th, 2020, 6:39 pm

OutOfTheLoop wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 6:10 pm
cambriahunter wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 5:38 pm
No one is dying. Check out the PA Dept of Health for proof. This is now a political issue. There will be no more sports any time soon. I’ve already told my kids the same. It’s over.
There also is quite a bit of space between dying or not dying. There is evidence of serious long term/permanent health issues with those who contract the disease, especially with the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
Especially with young people having permanent long damages.

People keep saying i fear monger and that only "older people die". Still doesnt change our per capita numbers are bad to other countries throughout in both deaths and cases.

If south korea, one of the first countries to get an outbreak after china, can have only 287 cases per 1 mil people and 6 deaths per million people the US should be able to keep it somewhat close to that or even the world average of 3k cases per million and 105 deaths per million.

Instead we basically 5x that average. We have 15k cases per million people and 500 deaths per million people. We are an embarassment

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 8880
Joined: May 15th, 2004, 11:58 pm

Re: Fall Sports

Post by El-Moldo » August 11th, 2020, 9:48 pm

How about deaths per cases? As of August 11, the U.S. has had 5,224,867 cases and 166,456 deaths. That is a 3.1% death rate of deaths/number of cases. Globally there has been 20,196,850 cases, and 738,910 deaths. THAT death rate is 3.66% of deaths/number of cases. This puts the U.S. death rate based on number of cases BELOW the world average at this point. Aren't statistics fun.

PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 49
Joined: August 24th, 2019, 10:36 am

Re: Fall Sports

Post by PAgridder2011 » August 11th, 2020, 9:58 pm

And Moldo that doesn't include the fact that 40% of our deaths are from idiot govs that put covid + old people in nursing homes with other old people.

Bet they didn't do that in South Korea.

Post Reply