Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea I think when Pennsylvania went into ‘Green’ phase everyone just sort of thought the virus was over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I just can't place all the blame on the bars.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The Ivy League is reportedly canceling Fall Sports. If you recall, they were the first league to cancel its conference tournament back in March.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Ivy League also won’t begin winter sports until at least January 1st.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: July 8th, 2020, 4:03 pm The Ivy League is reportedly canceling Fall Sports. If you recall, they were the first league to cancel its conference tournament back in March.
Also of note, stanford had to close up 11 different sports today, citing Covid reasons hurting financials for sports.

I still am doubting these NBA/NHL/MLB seasons will truly get finished.
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: July 8th, 2020, 4:03 pm The Ivy League is reportedly canceling Fall Sports. If you recall, they were the first league to cancel its conference tournament back in March.
They were the first domino to fall in the spring, I'm betting that happens again. First Centennial conference, then Ivy League...
So if PIAA were to shut down fall sports, does it happen soon? Or do they wait until beginning of August?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I heard the P IAA is meeting with all of the referee chapters throughout the state sometime this week. I doubt any firm decisions will be made from that without the school districts also being involved in that conversation but it seems like they're starting to get their preparations in order
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

knowitall wrote: July 8th, 2020, 1:14 pm I just can't place all the blame on the bars.
Yeah, I seem to recall these massive gatherings of shouting, screaming people standing shoulder to shoulder......
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

CMU cancelled all Fall Sports.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Colonel Mustard wrote: July 8th, 2020, 10:46 am The easy answer is that they are testing more people now. You would then expect numbers to increase.

Political answer A is that the bars and beaches are open now and people are being dangerous which caused a spike.

Political answer B is that all the protests and riots caused a spike, and the testing is extremely flawed.

Take your pick.
Political answer C. Both of the above.
It ain't over until it's over.