Post by Manfred »

So goes PSU, so goes the rest of Pa.
It ain't over until it's over.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Re: Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

PaSportsGuy wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:46 pm Medical professionals were warning about this happening, but everyone was set on their rights and the economy. Imagine back in March is we just shut down for 2 weeks, nobody went anywhere. We could be having normal life right now. Europe and Asian countries got this right, we haven't. South Korea and Japan welcomed masks and we didn't.
So you are stating that if we simply totally shut down for ONLY 2 weeks at the beginning of this, we would be back to normal??? Wow, I would love to be in that place. In what county has that occurred?
Last edited by ERAChamp on July 14th, 2020, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

An announcement from the PSAC is expected today. West Chester has already said its fall semester would be all online.
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

knowitall wrote: July 14th, 2020, 2:54 pm An announcement from the PSAC is expected today. West Chester has already said its fall semester would be all online.
Im hearing that PSAC is shutting things down tonight. Was the big conference shut down I alluded to earlier. I think that really hurts high school football chances.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

PSAC is announcing its intentions tomorrow and the PIAA is holding a meeting tomorrow.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

ERAChamp wrote: July 14th, 2020, 12:34 pm
PaSportsGuy wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:46 pm Medical professionals were warning about this happening, but everyone was set on their rights and the economy. Imagine back in March is we just shut down for 2 weeks, nobody went anywhere. We could be having normal life right now. Europe and Asian countries got this right, we haven't. South Korea and Japan welcomed masks and we didn't.
So you are stating that if we simply totally shut down for ONLY 2 weeks at the beginning of this, we would be back to normal??? Wow, I would love to be in that place. In what county has that occurred?
I honestly think it could have improved this for now.. CDC today said if everyone wore a mask for 4-8 weeks we could be under control. We all know that is never going to happen.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Just saw the Florida Gators have a 12% positive rate.. Yikes
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

California's 2 largest school districts are going totally in home online.
It ain't over until it's over.
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

PIAA says they are moving forward with fall sports as scheduled..... Interesting.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

So the PIAA punted and put it in Wolf's hands. Lombardi is spineless.