Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

With the surge in cases, I am just curious as to what percentage of them are asymptomatic compared to those showing symptoms. Also, just curious if those being tested are voluntarily going to get tested, required testing for employment, etc. None of these types of numbers are ever listed.

Also, has anyone on these boards personally been tested, if so, voluntarily or required testing?
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Re: Fall Sports

Post by PaSportsGuy »

I know 3 people who has had it, one passed sadly, one has severe lung damage and was an avid runner who moved to LA last summer, and the third was fine.. It's just such a wide range of how it effects people and add how many people have underlying conditions they don't even know about. Scary.

I just don't like how many kids are now getting infected and how the hospitalization numbers are spiking.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

This virus is one of those things where its like damned if you do damned if you don't. Let everybody out and most are irresponsible and the numbers go up but people need to work and other stuff. Or keep everyone in numbers go down and the economy goes down hill people commit suicide plus the virus doesn't go away while we are inside. This is one where we can't seem to win no matter what we try. Hopefully we can get back to normal one day.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

We have stop equating suicide which is not contagious and a choice to Covid. We also have to stop saying it’s just the FLU. The FLU was cause of death for approximately 30-50 thousand people for the entire year of 2019. Covid has killed over 130,000 Americans in just 4 months. We will never get passed this and get to normalcy until we recognize the virus is not normal. Other countries are getting back to normal because they showed better leadership and discipline then the USA, we screwed this up.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Medical professionals were warning about this happening, but everyone was set on their rights and the economy. Imagine back in March is we just shut down for 2 weeks, nobody went anywhere. We could be having normal life right now. Europe and Asian countries got this right, we haven't. South Korea and Japan welcomed masks and we didn't.
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

Another big conference cancellation coming tomorrow....
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Linebacker55 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 12:33 am Another big conference cancellation coming tomorrow....
Big conference?? No P5 conferences are cancelling.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Last edited by Colonel Mustard on July 14th, 2020, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Colonel Mustard wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:54 am I hope you weren't referring to the Patriot League.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Colonel Mustard wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:55 am
Colonel Mustard wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:54 am I hope you weren't referring to the Patriot League.
Considering this includes 3 PA schools, i think it's a significant weather vane for PA HS sports, especially football.