Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Fall Sports

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

This would be for next year, right? I'm guessing you can't co-op two weeks before school starts.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

footballfan1 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 4:25 pm A rally held today in Harrisburg by parents and student-athletes to promote the Gov to support fall sports and while this is going on Harrisburg High School announces it is canceling fall sports.
I also heard Ligonier is now looking at a 5 game season.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: August 20th, 2020, 6:29 pm This would be for next year, right? I'm guessing you can't co-op two weeks before school starts.
If they can't field full teams this year, why not now?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think the plan is to try to make it happen this season, not to be overly obvious, but it should have happened a while ago.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

knowitall wrote: August 20th, 2020, 5:50 pm Conemaugh Valley borders Forest Hills. Perhaps they should absorb them.
Ferndale could be absorbed in many different directions. Their elementary school is a few blocks away from Westmont's.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Why not have CV and Ferndale kids attend the new Blended Academy at McCort. Half price, only attend classes 2 days per week, can participate in ALL extra-curricular activities, discipline, religion, nice ties.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

From today’s Tribune Democrat:

(Ferndale AD) Clawson hopes the football co-op would begin this season.

Ferndale has 17 players listed on the roster it submitted to the Tribune-Democrat.

(CV AD) McCleester stressed that no agreement has been approved by the CV board.

CV has 25 players on its current roster.

My question: how does a team that forfeited four games last year have 25 kids on its roster a year later?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:08 pm From today’s Tribune Democrat:

(Ferndale AD) Clawson hopes the football co-op would begin this season.

Ferndale has 17 players listed on the roster it submitted to the Tribune-Democrat.

(CV AD) McCleester stressed that no agreement has been approved by the CV board.

CV has 25 players on its current roster.

My question: how does a team that forfeited four games last year have 25 kids on its roster a year later?
Didn't they start with decent numbers (comparatively) last year and then have a sizable chunk of kids quit and get injured in the middle of the season?

I'm guessing a decent number of freshman pumping up the numbers too but few, if any, who will be ready to play any quality downs. Pure speculation though.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Colonel Mustard wrote: August 20th, 2020, 6:47 pm
OutOfTheLoop wrote: August 20th, 2020, 6:29 pm This would be for next year, right? I'm guessing you can't co-op two weeks before school starts.
If they can't field full teams this year, why not now?
fair enough. I was just asking. I just thought these processes took longer but kudos to them if they can get it done.

Edit: I'm guessing whoever makes the league schedule isn't too fond of the idea...lol.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

PIAA just gave the go ahead to open up fall sports in PA. Schools now have the right to play or not based on their decision.