2020 LHAC Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

2020 LHAC Football

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

IF there is a season, who is looking good this year?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2020 LHAC Football

Richland - Kellen Stahl threw 43 TD passes last year, so that's a good start. His top 3 WR's are gone, but Griffin LaRue is pretty athletic so he should step into a leading role. Good start on the lines with Rager and Kniss. Losing a good bit from a 13-1 team, but still have a nice core in place.

Johnstown - Nowhere to go but up, after compiling a 1-19 record the past two seasons. Have a few key skilled players back like Eli Gunby, Ibn Shaheed, and Quasir Stephens. Basically need a QB to replace Barber. Defense has to improve, got pushed around too easily last season.

McCort - Should have a pretty good defense, but the offense last season was basically the Will Miller show, so a few guys need to step up there to offset his loss.

Westmont - Lose some linemen, but have Holbay back at RB. They'll be physical and run the ball all game, sort of know what you are getting with them.

Bedford - Swaim, Cook, and Ressler is probably the best returning QB-RB-WR combo in the league. Bedford should be tough.

Chestnut Ridge - Ridge has been so consistent lately, and Pfister is back. Should have another good team.

Somerset - Should be a little more competitive this year, had a lot of underclassmen on the field last season.

Bishop Guilfoyle - Big line plus Myrick, Rother, and Kieswetter all back off a run to Hershey. Should be good again.

Cambria Heights - Last year in the league. They have some returning production. Anymore they're a tough team to deal with week in and week out.

Central Cambria - Lost some key seniors last year, so they'll be young again.

Penn Cambria - I think Harrold is going to be really good, so this program will develop as he does.

Forest Hills - Can't see another 1-9 season, they should be able to compete much better this season.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

So having said all that, my guess....

1. Bishop Guilfoyle
2. Bedford
3. Richland
4. Chestnut Ridge
5. Westmont
6. McCort
7. Cambria Heights
8. Penn Cambria
9. Forest Hills
10. Johnstown
11. Somerset
12. Central Cambria
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

OK, 3-7 would be a good season for FH. But I'm a more realistic 2-8 until they show me something.
It ain't over until it's over.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Crimson I think you are pretty spot on. I would say tiers would be 1-2 then 3-4 then 5-7 then 8-12 any team could move inside their tier but barring injuries I don’t see much movement from the original tiers.

One another note will the Central Cambria complex be done for 2020 or 2021 and are they playing somewhere else in the mean time? Any other teams that may have to adjust schedules in 2020 like FH in 2019? I know Bedford is looking at that possibility for 2021.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: June 17th, 2020, 10:28 am
Central Cambria - Lost some key seniors last year, so they'll be young again.

Most games last year CC only had 2 starters each way who were Seniors, the rest were Juniors/Sophmores. QB/HB on offense and the 2 MLB’s on D. The rest of the starters return
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

LeeCorso wrote: June 17th, 2020, 11:36 pm
One another note will the Central Cambria complex be done for 2020 or 2021 and are they playing somewhere else in the mean time? Any other teams that may have to adjust schedules in 2020 like FH in 2019? I know Bedford is looking at that possibility for 2021.
Supposed to be done by end of September, not sure where they will play but heard SFU being thrown around
wagonrider242
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wagonrider242 »

Just read in the Daily American that Dustin Hyde from Somerset is taking this fall to focus on his track career. Will this put Somerset into the basement of the LHAC?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

My guess would be no.
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

According to the Tribune one coach picked BG to finish ninth, another had CR at 8th. Either there are some Covid opt-outs that we haven't heard about, or there are some coaches that don't give a rat's rear-end about pre-season rankings.