2020 Heritage Conference football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: 2020 Heritage Conference football

Post by X3pointer »

I don’t think the Heritage conference would want B C as a permanent member.
saltsburgtrojanfan1989
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by saltsburgtrojanfan1989 »

X3pointer wrote: August 5th, 2020, 6:04 pm Cambria Heights is replacing Ligonier , they will need another team next year When Saltsburg joins with Blairsville.
Where are you hearing that Saltsburg is joining up with Blairsville from?
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

The school board is now reconsidering consolidation ,a majority on the board favors consolidation and has a hearing scheduled for October. The plan is to combine the schools in 2021
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

So, both parties have just been obtuse for the past 3 decades or more?
It ain't over until it's over.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

The Districts shouldn’t have been combined in the first place. Some Saltsburg students will have to travel 25 miles to Blairsville. It’s doubtful that they will participate in sports at Blairsville Some students living close to r Blairsville will participate but those living in the Eastern end of the District won’t .Blairsville will have to complete at a higher classification because of Saltsburg , but won’t have the Saltsburg student athletes participating. For example this year in football Blairsville has 24 players on their roster and Saltsburg has 33 .Of the 33 players from Saltsburg it is doubtful that 10 player will participate at Blairsville.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’d have to think more than 10/33 players will continue to play football.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

They took a poll about a year ago and 5 students from Saltsburg said they would play at Blairsville. The distance is a real problem. Students will have to get up at 5 travel to Blairsville practice after school for 2 hours without eating dinner then ride an activity bus all over the District before getting home for dinner around 7 or 7 30. So when will they do their homework?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Maybe online? Like they had to do in April, May, and this fall? That being said I'll repeat a thought, of if that happens, whats the need for schools, teachers, administrators, except to feed the Educational Union troughs.
It ain't over until it's over.
wpbc
Senior
Senior

Post by wpbc »

Manfred wrote: August 6th, 2020, 12:19 pm Maybe online? Like they had to do in April, May, and this fall? That being said I'll repeat a thought, of if that happens, whats the need for schools, teachers, administrators, except to feed the Educational Union troughs.
Not sure why anyone from western pa would be so anti union. If you knew your history unions built this country, helped create better working conditions, reasonable work hours and overtime pay all for working families. If it wasn’t for unions my grandfather and father would have been paid in Monopoly script money and bought their groceries at the local company store. And most of my relatives would not have the life they have in retirement without their pensions.

I know your response was on education but generic statements like that only shows ignorance and paints a group with a broad brush and implies that they’re the “enemy” when nearly everyone that I’ve ever met in education works tirelessly with their students best interests in mind.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Does anyone know if Travis McLain on Saltsburg’s Roster is the same McLain that played for Blairsville last year.? There was a Sincere McLain on Blairsville‘s roster last year who Was A sophomore, but is no longer listed on their roster