Mid-Penn

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Mid-Penn

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Delaying the beginning of Fall sports from August 10th to September 4th. League that Altoona and State College are in.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Mid-Penn

Post by dadw/2sons »

Can somebody explain to me what advantages are there in dealing the start of the season?
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Same thing, I'm not getting it. WPIAL is practicing beginning Aug. 10 for 5 weeks then playing in mid-September which is really odd at least Mid-Penn is also delaying practice start date. I'm seeing this as the rural areas that start on time are going to get some games in before the more urban areas that delay begin. The more urban areas are more likely to have problems and then when someone (Governor/Levine/Lombardi) says "ENOUGH" and paints the entire state with a broad brush and shuts things down (if that happens) then the rural areas will have got 6-7 games in as an example while the urban areas may have only got 3-4 games in. Maybe I'm missing something or not thinking of something regarding an advantage to delaying. Thoughts???
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Control. Push, and look for push back. Same reason you can have a bar that sells food, have people sitting at a table or booth, but 6+ feet away someone can't sit on a stool. Whether it's an adult beverage or club soda.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think they’re just trying to buy time more than anything. I think most people know there isn’t going to be high school football this season. The PIAA, districts, leagues, and school districts just want Wolf and Levine to cancel the season so they don’t have to look like the jerks.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: August 4th, 2020, 8:00 am Control. Push, and look for push back. Same reason you can have a bar that sells food, have people sitting at a table or booth, but 6+ feet away someone can't sit on a stool. Whether it's an adult beverage or club soda.
The Mid-Penn conference is a tool of repression! Where are our fat guys in jeans playing army who will save the commonwealth?!?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

In the Governor's mansion, fool. Last kid picked for playground games getting his revenge.
It ain't over until it's over.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

I guess my typing skills are not very good at 11 pm. I obviously spelled delaying wrong, I am glad you guys were able to figure that out.