Scrimmages

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Scrimmages

Post by dadw/2sons »

Never thought we would get to this night, however football scrimmages are set for this weekend. Who is playing who and when? Tiussey Mountain is hosting Portage Friday night at 6 pm.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scrimmages

Post by knowitall »

Why are we bothering with scrimmages this year? Who’s in charge here!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FWIW, Richland is supposed to host FH, likely tomorrow.
It ain't over until it's over.
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

knowitall wrote: September 4th, 2020, 6:10 am Why are we bothering with scrimmages this year? Who’s in charge here!
Why would they not have scrimmages? They are a pretty important part of preparation for the teams. If you are suggesting because of COVID i would say... if you can play then play if you cannot then don’t...but its all in or nothing at all....
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Speaking of scrimmages it would seem a lot of schools will be broadcasting games online. If anyone has links to scrimmages post them...... Thanks
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

SteelTownSpud wrote: September 4th, 2020, 1:41 pm
knowitall wrote: September 4th, 2020, 6:10 am Why are we bothering with scrimmages this year? Who’s in charge here!
Why would they not have scrimmages? They are a pretty important part of preparation for the teams. If you are suggesting because of COVID i would say... if you can play then play if you cannot then don’t...but its all in or nothing at all....
Yes. Because of Covid. Why waste a week on a game that doesn't count? Why risk possibly being forced to shut down for two weeks on a game that doesn't count? Why risk injury playing a game that doesn't count? The NFL isn't scrimmaging this year. Why is the WestPAC?

At last check four WPIAL teams have already canceled their first game: Mt. Lebanon, Seneca Valley, Kiski Area and Peters Township.
saltsburgtrojanfan1989
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by saltsburgtrojanfan1989 »

Saltsburg hosts Conemaugh Valley at 10:00 am Saturday
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

knowitall wrote: September 4th, 2020, 1:54 pm
SteelTownSpud wrote: September 4th, 2020, 1:41 pm
Yes. Because of Covid. Why waste a week on a game that doesn't count? Why risk possibly being forced to shut down for two weeks on a game that doesn't count? Why risk injury playing a game that doesn't count? The NFL isn't scrimmaging this year. Why is the WestPAC?

At last check four WPIAL teams have already canceled their first game: Mt. Lebanon, Seneca Valley, Kiski Area and Peters Township.
If you don’t understand the difference between a professional NFL player not needing preseason and a high school team needing a scrimmage I can’t help you. My point is...its either safe to play or its not. Scrimmages are a VITAL part of a teams prep for games. If its not safe to scrimmage then they shouldn’t be playing games either... that’s all I am saying. So if its safe to play its safe to play....
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

How important are scrimmages? I remember not too long ago when schools scrimmaged TWO times a year. Why did they cut it to one if they are so vital to the season?
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Because the PIAA moved the season up 1 week but did not bump the start of camp up. So the end of the second week of camp that used to be the second scrimmage is now week one of the regular season.