D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

Post by youngbuck »

Wow. Thanks for the definition.
I guess answering the question was too tough for you. Understandable.

I could see if you were arguing that the 2 win teams should not be in either but since your beef is strictly with Mccort, your anti catholic rhetoric is comical.

Best part is that BG would have been playing BM anyway
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I made my comment as soon as I found out 1-5 BM was in. Didn't even know about other teams in the playoffs. And YOU skirted the issue. Why should a 1-5 be in the playoffs. And why would a 1-5 coach even consider it. What does that teach his team, that under-achieving teams will still be rewarded? No anti-Catholic bias here.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Here’s the problem with not excepting two win teams this year. Some teams played the easy part of their schedule in the first half and other teams played the difficult part of theIr schedule. In looking at the Heritage Conference , Saltsburg has 4 losses , 2 of the losses came from the number 1 and 2 seeded teams in 1A and the number 3 seeded team in AA . A ll 3 with a combined record of 14 and 1. They could have ended up with a record o f 2 and 9 or 5 and 4.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

As you know, every year all LHAC teams do not play ONE team out of their conference. So if ONE team plays Richland, and one team doesn't, this should be taken into consideration because the team that played Richland had a tougher row to hoe.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I'll just end it here. Everyone got my point. And for you younger guys out there, don't be discouraged if you only get 800 on your SAT's. I'm sure there's a way you can luck out end up at the college of your choice.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

An 800 may not get you into your first choice of colleges, but you will still be able to go to college and from there the sky is the limit.

A 2-4 team was eligible for the playoffs but declined. BM was the next team up. They get to play BG (the same team they would have played this week had BG had a bye week in the playoffs) in round one. Should they pull an upset they get to play on.

Had they declined, Claysburg-Kimmel would have had a chance. C-K is also 1-5.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

imagine if something happens that causes BG to FF their playoff game and the 1-5 mccort moves on to the next round.

Never actually made playoffs, got a spot because a 2-4 team declined and are now in quarters because the opponent they were to face has to forfeit.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

And probably would beat Conemaugh Valley who is 4-1 but the combined record of the teams they beat is 3-21.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I would rather see CV play BM than BG
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Funny how no one talks about how good CV would be if Bair would have stayed there and not gone to BM.
Funnier that BM would be a 2 score favorite vs CV, but some thing they should even get to play.