D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 1A-3A Playoff Picture

Post by konjo78 »

abpk2903 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 3:39 pm Konjo, you sure must enjoy life. You put such a positive spin on things. How do you do it?
Life can have its enjoyable moments. Much of this year could of been enjoyable all around if people used common sense day 1 of this pandemic.

Instead here in america we proved how ignorant we are that we basically threw away a large amount of enjoyable moments for a few political beefs.

More and more I see new schools, areas being added to the list of forced closure for a few weeks due to covid. Idiots will still go around downplaying anything covid related and act as if it isnt even an issue to worry about. Want to know how you create this ignorance, by teaching/showing them sports and such are more important than common sense safety in the middle of the pandemic.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

The number of kids dying from Covid is significantly less than influenza in this country.
Konjo, please research herd immunity.

In the meantime, keep wearing your mask in the car and lysoling the groceries
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

And in the ever going saga now McCort is forfeiting as it is not in the best interest of their students to play this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm The number of kids dying from Covid is significantly less than influenza in this country.
Konjo, please research herd immunity.

In the meantime, keep wearing your mask in the car and lysoling the groceries
Here's some research: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/ne ... ins-expert

The herd immunity strategy would result in a devastating number of deaths, not including the many others who would have lingering health problems and decreased quality of life. Besides, why would we try that now after 7 months of half-measures? Plus there is evidence that the virus is already mutating.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Bishop McCort has forfeited the game to BG this week.

No word on whether they did so to prevent BG from having to forfeit instead.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

On October 20th, I was accused (in this thread) of anti-Catholic bias when I questioned BM going to the play-offs with a record of 1-5. I wonder if anyone will now question Catholic Collusion as one parochial school (BM) helps out another (BG) in order for them to make a run at the state championship?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

knowitall wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 7:34 pm Bishop McCort has forfeited the game to BG this week.

No word on whether they did so to prevent BG from having to forfeit instead.
From my understanding, McCort was upset BG wasn’t forfeiting themselves. Once they realized BG would go on with the game with multiple positive cases, they opted to withdraw.

Had BG not had multiple cases on the team, the game would have gone on as scheduled. BG’s insistence that everything is fine did not sit well with McCort.

Again, that’s what I heard.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

But hey, McCort somehow decided to sacrifice itself for a catholic takeover of the PIAA. That sounds totally plausible too, guys.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

El-Moldo wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 8:35 pm On October 20th, I was accused (in this thread) of anti-Catholic bias
In fairness, theses accusations of you having an anti-Catholic bias go back over a decade. Don’t sell yourself short man, your consistency is why people keep coming back.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The proper thing to do is have Glendale advance to the second round next week.